Drinking for 14 years!

Hey… just joined. I’ve been drinking heavily most nights for 14 or more years. Always worked… stressful jobs… bringing up a child etc etc. Nice to see there is a forum on this app. I’m really hoping I can do this.

12 Likes

Welcome @Bluebuddy!! Stay strong.

Thank you Zoey… I’m so desperate to give up this time!!

1 Like

I am bringing up 3 myself, if you want/need to talk, just hit me up, I know how hard, yet beautiful it is.

My 2nd daughter’s name is spelt the same way(Zoey)!

I am new here also @Bluebuddy. It is comforting to know that technology as much of a negative it can be…We have a positive! I am ready to find my center and have power over my life. Im happy to have this to share and find support.

Oh my gosh. One night exhausts me. How can you go most nights? Glad you’re here.

Aw thank you. It’s so easy to get into a rut… staying in drinking rather than going out and doing something with my child. He’s 13 now. Well that was my first night sober :blush:… hopefully many more to come.

1 Like

Thank you for your support. It really means a lot. That is one night over and done!!! Weekend is always the worst as it’s the biggest excuse ever to drink!! Fingers crossed.

1 Like

More than crossing your fingers, take in whatever nature has given you in your surroundings. Bresthe it all in! Not sure where you are from but I am positive there is beauty there. I am doing this one hour at a time. I have spent years drinking as soon as I wake up. Today…I choose not to do that. Hour by hour. If we can make excuses to drink, we can certainly make excuses NOT to drink. Keep in touch this weekend!!! We got this!!!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard on the recovery to a new you!! I am just 10 days sober and feel amazing!! I am a mommy of 3 boys… ages 9 10 11… my 11 year old will be 12 tomorrow! I drank heavy for 14 years also!! (Not when prego) I have a routine like… go to work… come home… clean and cook… with music and while cleaning and cooking and jamming out i LOVED my booze… this past 10 days I had one urge to drink when I was off work… (my 2nd day in) so i had to change my routine and I left to go shopping! :slight_smile: we are all here to support you!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! There is a lot of beauty. I’ve just helped my 78 year old neighbours download iTunes and took my dogs for a lovely walk. I do appreciate the nice things but fail miserably in the evening or late afternoon. Once I have my first drink… that’s it for me. I’m in for the rest of the night drinking… far too much and lose life that I could have if I didn’t drink. It’s just crazy. And to do this for so long. Your right… no crossed fingers… I will so this. I really appreciate your message. I’m in the UK.

Thank you… and good luck too… I think ill be on here for the next few weeks to get support and offer any if I can.

I have my list of things to do today. I live in a borough where I can walk to 5 different bars in 1 block. Also, I work at a 6 pack shop that has all the foods a person loves after drinking too much!! I am off today. If you need to vent…I am here!! You are ahead of me in time zones. I am in Pennsylvania.

Thank you. It’s getting to that time of night where I’d have had my first drink by now. 6pm. I am feeling it really bad… but trying to keep busy cleaning etc :blush:… it’s that Pitt of stomach feeling like… I have two have a drink. But so glad to hear from you as it now feels like a team effort.

Thank you Tamia that sounds so much like me but with only one child. Full time working… stressful jobs and serious eczema to contend with with both my son and I. It was such a routing that we didn’t go out apart fro work/school. I have an even more stressful job now too but I’m going for interviews to get something less stressful. I just want to wake up with a clear head… no hangover…no severe tiredness… feel the energy back in my body. It’s hard to think you have an addiction when I’m quite a strong person lol but not strong enough :wink:… well this time I think I can be. Glad to see ypure doing well. Hang in there too

1 Like

Hi @KWL thank you… I’ll be only too happy to find my inner peace with myself :blush:… happy to support too.

1 Like

Hi! Welcome! I’m excited for you! Someone pretty much is always on if you ever need support.

╰(´︶`)╯ you’ve got this!

Thanks @MissMetal … I’m excited too… loving the positivity on here. Cooking a meal whilst trying to ignore that wrench in my tummy lol

3 Likes

Are you experince any withdrawls symptoms?