Drinking invite and passive aggressiveness

Yeah, be the better person! :grinning:

1 Like

Normally this kind of social interaction would be enough cause for me to engage in a hefty happy hour binge fest. You knowā€¦to relieve the anxiety. Glad that shitā€™s over.

1 Like

Itā€™s amazing what you can see in the light cast by a burning bridge.

1 Like

I think in this instance you and Yoda Stevie have the nail hit on the head.

It seems that this person has a problem and upsets a lot of people.

There is no shortage of nice people in the world, you donā€™t have to waste time and energy on someone who isnā€™t.

Having said that, I wouldnā€™t do anything to challenge or escalate. And people like that can and will somehow escalate any approach you make. Ignore it. Bin the picture when she isnā€™t there. Deny it was ever there.

Yoda Stevie. Love the mental image of looking back at a burning bridge at night. Strong metaphor. Kudos if you created it.

3 Likes

Well done on avoiding the temptation. Know what you mean. Any one of a hundred scenarios used to give me a ā€˜reasonā€™ to drink.

Iā€™ve whittled that down to about 5 scenarios that give me a reason to buy a big bar if chocolate.

1 Like

Why not put the platypus in the trash since you donā€™t need it and she is obviously finished with itā€¦ see where that goesā€¦ good on you for passing on the booze

3 Likes

Yeah I like that metaphor a lot. Definitely going to steal that.

1 Like