Drugs addiction

Some people with a drug addiction , and have some tips?

Hi I’m addicted to Vicodin and kratom (if you’ve never heard of kratom, you’re lucky). I’ve gone 6 days without a Vicodin, but still on the kratom. Maybe we can help each other out. I want to get clean and stay clean. My mind tells me all kinds of crazy stuff and the mental part of withdrawal always gets me. I’m Shea BTW.

1 Like

Use other addicts too, withdrawals are often similar and we can identify.

I would suggest you simply share how you feel and people will chip in to support and identify with you and offer helpful coping strategies.

Good luck in your quest.

1 Like

You know it’s funny people keep telling me I should try kratom for opiate cravings.

1 Like

@Bjorn_Goossenaerts
Good Luck…
1.Don’t give up!
2.No matter what! Have faith on yourself!
3.Don’t give in no matter who’s around! 4.Look in the mirror everyday and tell yourself, I am strong I can do this!, I don’t need drugs or booze.
God will walk with me everyday…
5.Never EVER underestimate yourself or your will.
6. Always thank God for the day of sobriety he has Granite you and he will see you through the next.

1 Like

Please don’t! You’ll be in the same place you were with opiates! I got addicted to kratom because I took it for opiate withdrawal. My tolerance for it increased significantly in a short time. Lots of people on kratom forums say the withdrawal is like caffeine withdrawal. For me, withdrawal from kratom is like being thrown into the seventh level of hell from day 1 to day 6. At least with Vicodin withdrawal it progressively gets worse (day 3 & 4). Since your out of acute opiate withdrawal, don’t bother with kratom. Granted, you may get lucky and not get bad withdrawal, but why chance it. If you have to meditate all day to cope with cravings, do it. Do whatever you have to do to stay clean!

3 Likes

Thanks for saying that! I know lots of heroin and pill addicts that use kratom for cravings and such but claim they get high from it as well, if it even gives you a buzz I’ll abuse it

No problem. I wish someone had warned me, but I know that once I get off kratom, I can’t go back to it ever. It’s expensive and has a very short half life. I have to dose every four hours to just be normal. I’m fighting cravings for Vicodin right now. Thankfully I can’t get any so I have no choice but to fight through this feeling that life sucks. Sugar helps.

1 Like

Thank you i’m 18 days drugsfree now and feeling so much beter ! :kiss:

1 Like

I’m on day 3 of cold turkey quitting a 6 month ounce a day kratom habit. Save yourself the pain…it’s withdrawal s are same as opiates.

Yikes. I need to get off this too. Haven’t started yet but planning on it. I guess I thought it was mostly innocent. How much is 6 oz in pills? I buy the ones already pilled. I take 15 at a times.