Dry Feb 2023

#DryFeb2023 I am challenging myself this Feb to go dry and refrain from the use of all substances being drugs medications other than vitamins and prescriptions prescribed by a doctor and I want everyone who is reading this today to believe in yourself .

13 Likes

Welcome to the community. Reach out if you need help

3 Likes

Thank you I will definitely do that .

2 Likes

Welcome Crystal! I’ll join you in your challenge. Dry February here we come to kick some sobriety ass.

4 Likes

For me.personally it’s not so much about the sobriety as it is the journey but I am happy and thrilled you are here to help as they say we are all on this together

2 Likes

I agree, being on this journey has been life changing. I never thought I would ever have confidence and love for myself but the past few years have proved me wrong.

3 Likes

Welcome!!! I am in for dry February!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for this and I really enjoy having a challenge and focus, so I’m definitely with you for dry February! That’s put a smile on my face :grinning:

3 Likes

I am 2 weeks, dry Feb sounds good, we are all here for support if you need it

1 Like

My husband is doing Dry February too. I’m really hoping it’s the beginning of an alcohol free life for him.

8 Likes

Oh wow, that is awesome to hear Sue!!

1 Like

Right on I’ll join too :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

How’s the start of your dry February going @1010925Cryday?

3 Likes

Really good my roommate even joined the challenge so cheering her on as well

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Having a buddy in real life to share your experience, strength and hope makes the journey that much better.

4 Likes

So grateful that despite the stress of yesterday - being incredibly busy at work whilst finding out I may no longer have a job because the company could be going into administration, not having time to eat properly, and also keep things amicable with my ex while we figure out moving forward - I DID NOT DRINK!

I thought about it, the sun was setting and I imagined the sensation of how that relaxation of those first few sips seeps through my body… but instead I played it forward, made myself a super tasty burger with a bagel (what a revelation!!!), got a terrific nights sleep, don’t feel anxious and have a plan moving forward with a job hunt.

I really want to find something that inspires me and I can put my skill set to…rather than just chasing the money.

Feeling excited for dry February!

7 Likes

Great job!! The reality of what drinking offers us versus the fantasy in our mind that it relieves stress or adds something positive to our lives. :purple_heart:

And I trust the job situation will work out for you.

2 Likes

Good luck on the job hunt @SidneyBliss and great work playing the using thoughts thru to the consequences

1 Like

Awww thanks Sassy, you’re totally right about the reality versus the fantasy…

I’m trusting the universe is directing me and that’s a beautiful thing to lean into :heart:

1 Like

I appreciate your words of encouragement…hearing those affirmations and feeling your support brings a big smile to my face :smiley:

1 Like