Dry January? Lol, no, I'm an alcoholic

I went for an alcohol free beer this evening with a sober friend in a local bar. We asked the bar tender what alcohol free choices they had, and I could see he was trying to hide a smirk on his face as he took our order.
We made our choice, and as we went to pay he looked at us both, laughed and said
“Dry January?”
He caught me off guard and I didn’t really know what to say so I just blurted out
“No actually, I’m an alcoholic!”
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: oh how we laughed afterwards, he got more than he bargained for with that question.
Yes, I am not drinking, because I am an alcoholic :raised_hands:

32 Likes

Excellent answer. Truth prevails. :+1:

3 Likes

My God I love this!!

2 Likes

This summer when I relapsed, I was out on my Harley with my friends and we kept stopping to all the bars, I think the first two stops I got non alcoholic drinks. Then decided by the third stop it was time for the real thing. I decided after that I’ll probably never go in a bar again bc I’m a alcoholic lol.

3 Likes

Hilarious Jennypops! It’s fun making Normies squirm with our honesty sometimes!
I remember when l was in rehab last December and a small group of us went to a tree farm to pick a🎄tree.

The owners innocently asked if we were a tour group, and one of our younger, more vocal residents said loudly “Nah,we’re from rehab,Mate!”:rofl:

The conversation was quickly shut down and the rest of us laughed about it all afternoon!

I guess it’s up to us to take the stigma out of addiction. It may be one of our most noble legacies! :heart:

2 Likes

Ah hahaha well played

1 Like