DXM : The Euphoric Void (trigger warning... drug use)

I naturally dissociate already, and this drug made me fall into a world that I was somewhat unfamiliar with but loved at the same time. This new world was DXM’s oddly dark but euphoric embrace. I got obsessed with this shit when my significant other’s ex boyfriend told me I’d like it as much as marijuana and mixing it with marijuana feels more like mushrooms. So the first time I tried DXM since my tolerance was extremely low and because of the fact that I am a lightweight in general additionally to being tall (135lbs, 6’) I chugged down 2 generic Fred Meyer bottles of Tussin DM which each roughly contain around 240mg Dextromethorphan HBr each. Then I took a dab. I didn’t feel the effects until around 45 min later, the first instances of a trip were I felt a euphoric sensation throughout my whole body and started feeling weightless. Then the effect of dissociation started to kick in as my natural feelings of dissociation did as well. I started feeling the infamous “Robo Walk” and at one point felt as if I was falling in and out of a hole that is not there. I struggled to speak, music felt like the whole house was being flooded by it even at lower volumes and the sensation was intense as fuck. From that point on, DXM was my drug of choice aside from Marijuana and I would walk to the dollar store every week and buy up to like 2-3g worth of DXM and do between 400-900mg a few days a week because I didn’t want to achieve a large tolerance and not feel anything. My first high 3rd Plateau Experience was with 550mg. My favorite thing to do was either mix DXM cough syrup with Code Red and dissolve gel caps into it and chug it, or just shovel a shit ton of gel caps down my throat in one sitting (between 30-50) I typically bought 15 and 20mg pills. Sometimes got 60s I didn’t care about the guaifenesin because all it ever did was make me nauseous or give me diarrhea and it was a buck a box for 200mg of DXM. But with +500mg I started to hear voices from outside my house’s walls and everyone who talked to me had a voice that echoed. I also attempted to watch Look Who’s Talking and CLICK on DXM. I watched Click and the shit was extremely trippy and Look Who’s Talking I couldn’t handle 3rd Platting and I don’t know why. It was fucking CREEPY and I couldn’t watch the screen. While 3rd Platting, I would attempt to eat and often make a mess on myself and I would also vomit more often on the come up of 3rd Plateau. More particularly so on high 3rd. I dosed 675mg at one point and my vision turned completely geometric laser red and I kept falling into what was basically a K-Hole on DXM while robowalking all over the house and it ended up being a bad trip because I vomited on the come up and it covered my whole bed. I swallowed like 45 dollar tree gels and felt this shit. Another thing I’d do is mix Delsym with Robitussin in the same cup with soda and dissolve gels into it and it’d be a combination of both the Polistirex and Hydrobromide effects. Later this shit started to effect my relationship and my life in general, my s/o had threatened to leave if I didn’t give up on using it. So I did what was best, I quit and then relapsed recently after a 6 month streak of no using which almost cost me my relationship again, I am now 4 months clean and will be 5 months clean as of January 13th. I had fun with this drug but family’s more important to me.

Another Experience I had particularly that I want to talk about is that at one point I snorted a half gram of what I thought was Pure DXM powder (cause I’d never tried insufflation of it) and happened to be cut with roughly around 100mg of Ketamine. This shit literally made me feel as if the world around me was moving in slow motion and I watched the walls start to change shape while my vision turned to triple and then quadruple then back to triple and I felt like I was floating above my body the whole time

So you know stereotypical lasers? Usually bright red? Same appearance as a lightsaber blade, my vision was in doubles, triples and quadruples and I was seeing shapes outlined in bright red while floating above my body like I was on Ketamine. Aside from 45 15mg Gel Caps I took 3 dabs of 76% THCA Terp Diamonds/Sauce beforehand. At the same time I was on the phone with my friend who I’ll call S, she was tripping on 1,100mg. I told her that had been my first time mixing concentrated THC with that high of a dose because cannabis has a powerful and unpredictable synergy for me whenever I took this drug. I’d also drink coffee and take some benadryl or Dramamine at the same time. Sometimes mixing Diphenhydramine with DXM is positive but I’ve had sensations of spinning delirium. Counter flipping was a go to for me as well. So back to the story, I am laying in bed waiting for the onset to pass and the come up to start and all of a sudden I vomit a sea of red while still on the phone with S and at the same time everyone’s voice sounded as if they either weren’t speaking at all or when they spoke their voice echoed. Also whenever I laid down on a surface I felt like I was sinking through the mattress and I was hallucinating that the mattress was suffocating me. Even though I could tell I was still breathing. It was probably the most terrifying Experience I’ve ever had.

Sounds like you’re lucky to be alive.

Reading your post I was reminded of all of the k-holes and deep trips I got myself into during my active addiction. The danger I put myself in as a woman, and the horrible stuff I did to my body. Seeing life in the technicolor of
Sobriety is a shit ton more satisfying now❤️

So what has been working for you to get you sober?

4 Likes

If I’m being completely honest. Cannabis, cannabis has always been a natural medicine for me, and I am a medical user where it is also legal in my state. But more so what has motivated me to stay sober from this shit is my family, particularly my little girl. If you know how an addict brain works, replacement therapy works. Especially for opiates/opioids and Addiction to other substances like Ketamine or Coke

You do not want to know the kind of shit I’ve seen on Deliriants man. That evil pink shit still gives me nightmares.

1 Like

I’m happy you found sobriety.
Just a little reminder about the forum rules.
Refrain from posting about using. Instead talk about how you want to stop using and start being sober.

7 Likes

Oh ik. I just want to get this out of the way

2 Likes