Earned a drink?

Just crushed my interview and have the urge to go party and celebrate. Not going down that road. Not today and hopefully never again!

5 Likes

Be strong my friend… Reward yourself with something that you aren’t trying to give up. Trust me on this. I know from experience. You will regret it.

Don’t do it @alpine_1975! Stay strong! You can celebrate in other ways. Treat yourself to a massage… a nice dinner… a gift for yourself… you don’t need that drink. And it won’t make you feel any better tomorrow morning. Trust me

I will stay strong! It just helps to post about urges especially with all of the great support we give each other. Thanks

2 Likes

Congrats on the interview! Stay strong and find another way to reward yourself. It will be worth it!! :blush:

1 Like

Well Ill tell you this, I went 108 days sober and on my birthday I thought I earned a drink.everything was fine, a beer here on one day and there on another day and then suddenly I was throwing away 3 empty bottles of wine over a span of only 2 days.Im back at square one.2 days sober.
Try to treat yourself to other things.
Right now Im working on looking at outdoor excercise as a treat. It really does feel amazing. Try to find that something.

4 Likes

Good for you on staying on the strait and narrow! Your an inspiration!

Um… yeah. Been there, done that, for 18 years. lol. #Twinsies lol

1 Like

I did same. 3 months. I wonder if I have a problem… so I had a drink. I myself didn’t want one but the alcohol monster did in my brain. Stay strong my friend

1 Like

The thought is great but you will hate yourself when you wake up.