Eat sleep don't rave repeat!

I’m starting full time work in 3rd June (40hours) after having been working 16 hours for the last 7 years. 24 before that for 4 years and didn’t work at all apart from a few courses while my girl was really young . Bear in mind I was married then with a support system. No family support now so a massive change about to arrive. I’ve just seen my rota’s for June July and August and omg I’m gonna be wiped out !!!. Bring it on ! Way to stay sober I say :blush:

5 Likes

Omg your gonna be so tired ! But congratulations on getting full time work … Will it be long days 4 u x

1 Like

Contracted 40 hours but busiest time is July and August so some days I might be doing 8am-9. Not often but some :flushed:

Just think of all the extra money u will get x that’s what gets me through my work !! X

I know although I was on tax credits that brought my wages up to I guess almost full time wage. Not sure if I’ll be entitled to it when full time. Will have to ring them but anyway it’s more about my mental health. I might be burned out but for all the right reasons x

You will do great I am sure! It is a big challenge but also a great opportunity in getting back full time…
I’ve increased work again to 30hrs a week. And it’s trying but also more money. More chances to get further in job. More personal development. Less time to think and have time for bad thoughts around addiction. There are a lot of positives aspects! And your kid is quite grown up which makes it easier to work full time I guess? Bring it on. You can do it!!!

1 Like

Exactly it’s because of her age I’m finally getting back to it. :blush:

I know what u mean I’m still entitled to my tax credits until Millie get to 18 . After that I’m back to full time work again… i only went part time in January when I went into recovery. X

I think I may still get some but not sure how much. Anyway it would help but it’s not the most important thing x

I know what you mean i took a massive pay cut when i went into recovery… i couldn’t work full time and do recovery so I choose recovery. I’m skint but best thing ive ever done for me x

1 Like

You’ll be great and perfect timing to give you a new focus :blush: x

1 Like

Thanks Shell. I’m sure it will be a shock to my system at first but in a good way :blush: