Emotions hitting me

I have not been sleeping well since I quit drinking a a week ago an I woke the morning an started a fight with my lady an started to yell an hit me myself an cry an I don’t know why I feel this way but it’s hurts me to feel this way I don’t want to be drepressed an not feel how I feel I don’t have a clue why I feel like this so please help me if you have any advice thank you

1 Like

When I quit I felt even more depressed- I was angry- I was sad- I was scared. I didn’t think it was worth quitting but I stuck to it and as days go on and I stay sober I actually become proud of myself and the depression slowly goes away. It won’t completely disappear- there will be bad days and there will be good days but being able to conquer the bad days while being sober will be so rewarding! Take a walk- go visit nature- anything to get your body to produce some endorphins to help relax you and take the edge off. You’re not alone :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much I don’t want drink an I’m trying to strong as I can be an hearing what you told me have me tears because your words give me hope an I thank you again for the advice

1 Like

Also, for the sleeping problem… I personally work out which may seem a little difficult when you’re depressed but if you can find a way to get past that and go for a jog or hike- it helps a lot when it comes to finally lay down.

1 Like

Mabe I should start taking walks so I can get better sleep an how long would I being going through this outbursts of depressio

Just depends on you- I have depression/anxiety and I have some severe outbursts of irritability/sadness and the only thing that helps keep them minimal is taking all my anger out at the gym. Although feeling like this makes drinking tempting I can tell you it’s only going to prolong this problem so it’s not worth it. Have you checked out AA? Going there always gives me peace- knowing that you’re not alone and everything you’re experiencing is normal helps. Find something that makes you happy and make sure you’re celebrating every 24 hours you remain sober because that’s going to keep you going and even though it’s one day that’s something to be so very proud of! Do you know if there is something triggering your sadness? Could be withdrawal symptoms too…

3 Likes

I know when you’re not getting the sleep you need you start to feel depressed as well- it’s a vicious cycle. So you may just need to get some sleep and I know it’s frustrating because that’s all you want- you have to keep in mind that you’re going through a lot of changes so your body is trying to adjust… just hang in there!! Try a natural sleep remedy! Sleepy time tea and maybe a good book before bed?

2 Likes

Download this APP- you can listen to single speakers share their stories before you go to bed and I found it helps me a ton as well!

3 Likes

Good job on your week. What you have begin is a monumental task. I’m just over 30 days now, and the emotions still hit. The important thing is that it gets better. Remember, you are removing a poison that youe body, mind, and soul thought you needed. You don’t, and the emotions are your bodys way of fighting back. Be strong my friend. I am proud of you.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I really needed to feel vulnerable at this moment because I had to reset last night. I feel alone and didn’t realize people are around to help me along the way. Hang in there buddy and we can all help each other!

1 Like

Yes I’m the past I have had went to aa meeting an it was good now I just quit cold Turkey an have not went to any meetings but I’m willing to try an go again

1 Like

Sleep is my #1 complaint! It takes a while for everything to settle down, and including your emotions. The brain, just won’t go into off mode. Practice good sleeping hygiene. I normally make a plan for at least an 8 hr sleep cycle. I aim for 10 hrs. I still average 4-6 hrs on good nights.

I noticed supplements and vitamins help me out for moods.

1 Like

Thank you an I just woke up from a nap