Encountering triggers today

So I am going to a family gathering at my grandparents house today. They are not really the understanding type and are more than likely going to hassle me with my lack of success in life. I don’t anticipate leaving there feeling very good about life and haven’t really slept the last 2 nights out of being anxious for today, so my depression already showed up to visit today from lack of sleep. I am trying to give it to God. Just kind of venting here.

You said it right. Turn it over to God. My mind is the only trigger. When I try to control the situation and other people I lose that contact with God. The trigger is my mind and it will take me out everytime if I dont stay connected. You got this. All the best.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! You nailed it @VegasGordo triggers only exist in the mind. If it gets in my head it gets power. Made it through it, ended up being peaceful so all is well. I always build things up in my mind and then it ends up not being even close to what happens. Lol :blush: but I’m practicing this mental control and learning slowly but surely. One day at a time .

2 Likes

Just be yourself. They love you for being you.

1 Like

From my experience, when I think a situation is going to go one way, it ends up differently… But if they do end up starting in on you, remind them of the things you are doing right. I respond to negative feed back by, yes this and that happened. But im not living in the past anymore and nor should you. Theyre the ones stuck in the past, not you. Just continue doing the next right thing. Respond rather than react. Good luck!

2 Likes

99% of what we fear (looking into the past or future rather than the present) doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

I am…

Making $100k a yr.

I am an empath… I facking hate reading people. I just do it. God take back this power!