Every week the same

It comes to the end of the working week. My boyfriends busy. I get bored. Get smashed, then comes the regret and self pity. Having to apologise to him for making a fool of myself and missing plans. I then promise never to do it again… until the weekend comes again. Iv had enough of this viscous circle. Want to stop.

9 Likes

There ya go! There’s a huge step in the right direction! Now follow with the other foot and check in with us tomorrow. Sober😉 We are here for you and you can do this!!

6 Likes

First of all, don’t think about you’re going to quit forever. Just take small steps at a time. Just get through the week, and if your thinking about having a drink, decide to do it next weekend or even the next day… the urge is probably not as strong anymore and you’re more likely to pull it off.

You HAVE TO to tend to your basic needs.
Sleep enough, exercise and don’t go hungry, sometimes people mistake hunger for the need to drink - the feeling is often very similar.

I recommend you go on meetings too and you talk to people who understand you. Talking about it helps a lot.

Try and keep yourself busy this week. Take long walks, find something you enjoy, prep a nice dinner etc. It will help you take your mind off of drinking.

It’s going to be a full-time job, but don’t worry… it gets easier.

We all suffer from this same disease and we understand this urge and the need to drink or do drugs. The horrible feeling of absolutelly having to… but there are people here that overcome it everyday and they’re here to tell you how they did it. If they could, you can.

I’m proud of you for taking the leap of seeking help here. That’s a huge step.

Good luck to you :hibiscus:

11 Likes

“Never again” is sometimes refered to as the alcoholics national anthem :wink: But working at it in 24h segments is so much easier. Sometimes hours or minutes at a time. My sponsor has 40 years of sobriety. She still thinks of it as just a bunch of 24h segments glued together.

Like the others have said, it’s awesome to have come this far, asking for help. That is where we all start. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Everyone has the possibility to start a new way of life. I have and so can you! You are not alone and we will all support you in this forum.

Sending strength and support! :purple_heart: //Jenny

9 Likes

Thanks for the advice. It’s nice to know I’m not on my own with this and my boyfriend is on my side too. I’m usually fine through the week as I’m at work but then it’s weekends that I lose control. But day 2 sober. And thank you again. Will keep you posted how the week goes.

4 Likes

Yeah! Let’s make it 3 days. One day at a time. You got this!

It’s not easy but you can do it!

Tell yourself “just for today I won’t drink”. And tomorrow…tell yourself the same thing. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and find a recovery that works for you. We may all have different amounts of time sober but we’ve all been there. I remember the beginning very well.

3 Likes

Day 4. Happy. But it’s Friday that will be the big test.

2 Likes

When it starts getting tough on Friday try to think through your emotions.

I used to drink every weekend and looked forward to starting on Friday. I was very bored and wanted to go out somewhere, see a show, out to dinner etc.

I would be resentful if my partner didn’t want to do anything. He always seemed to want to stay in and rent a movie. It sounds like you are not happy about yours being unavailable on Fridays.

I am no longer with my ex. Now that we are no longer together I go dancing a couple times a week at least and take more responsibility for keeping myself amused. With the new BF I am clear that I go dancing that often. He is welcome to join me.

Figure out if it’s the boredom or resentment or feeling neglected and deal with the feelings. Talk to your boyfriend or do something fun

Stay strong, sweetie. I know it’s hard but it’s manageable… I’m rooting for you!

Sky✨

1 Like

Well it’s Friday. Just got back from work and thinking should I have just one. I’m gunna just pass and go to bed. Get my house work done when I get up, then meet my boyfriend as planned. I know if I have one I’ll drink what evers in the house thinking I’ll be fine for later. So tempting

1 Like