Everyone's clean date?

Post your clean date here. It can help us all recognize everyone’s anniversaries and we can celebrate together because we are in this together!

November 2 2017

15 Likes

I am so happy i finally made it to 91 days clean… but when does all the judging stop?? that’s the hardest part because I’m betting judged by family and friends makes it hard because i try to feel good and happy to have made it this far but quickly reminded how much of a fuck up i am… I’m so sorry for the language just really down about it

18 Likes

Up with the hope,
Down with the dope!

6/21/2017

12 Likes

91 days is no walk in the park. Your doing great. If no one else is going to tell you that, I will! Serious tho, congrats!

10 Likes

Mine is 19FEB18.

5 Likes

Think about how long we used and drank, about all the times we lied, cheated and stole. The holidays ruined and events missed. The pain of our friends and family caused by our selfish behavior. The sleepless nights our parents/spouses/children spent by the phone waiting for the call that we died and prayed we were only in jail. Think about the 1,000’s of sorries and millions of 'I swear I’ll quits".

I was in active addiction for 22 years. I’ve been to three rehabs in 18 months. I’ve dissappeared for weeks on end only to reappear needing a loan. I’ve trashed relationships and hotel rooms. I’ve wrecked cars and lives. Nothing was safe when I was out there.

So what do we expect of our family? Would you forgive yourself for the things you’ve done? Or would you be skeptical of someone who has spent years lying about their disease? It’s going to take hard work and, more importantly, time for our families to stop judging us. It’s going to take longer to forgive us. It may take a lifetime to trust us. And they definitely won’t forget those times.

I’m not getting sober for my family. I’m not doing it for forgiveness. I’m doing it for me. If I live a good life, work the program and do the next right thing, the promises will come true. I am willing to make amends, but nowhere does it say that people have to accept them.

I’m proud of my days and I’m proud of yours, and I’m sure family is too, but to them 91 days isn’t enough to erase years of abuse. Non-addicts don’t understand and never truly will. I suggest you point them in the direction of Al-Anon so they can get the healing they need.

The only thing I can guarantee is that if you go back out that it will take even longer to get that trust once you come back, if you do come back. Be in this for you. Put your sobriety first. Don’t worry about what other people think about you, because they aren’t worrying about how you think of them.

I’ve talked to my mom twice in 4 months. I’ve been clean the whole time. I’m not allowed to be in my parents house. There is absolutely nothing I can do about that, except not drink or drug today.

21 Likes

December 12 2016- proud strong and living to my full potential!

10 Likes

2/19/18
Still early in my journey

12 Likes

Nov24 2017…day 100 today and loving life!

16 Likes

12/1/16 Alcohol

15 Likes

I have been clean for 24 days.

17 Likes

8/21/2017. 196 days and feeling stronger every day!

13 Likes

02.08.2018, this is mine.

8 Likes

1/11/18 clean from meth and weed… Relapsed on a shot of vodka last night but stopped at one and won’t discount or give too much credit to it

12 Likes

That was so inspiring thank u for sharing

3 Likes

February 12th 2018 Alcohol :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

15TH Sept 1986 Alcohol

20 Likes

Feb 13th 2017, alcohol

7 Likes

August 14 2017 Alcohol :muscle:

10 Likes

March 21st 2017