Excited for the weekend đź‘Ź

I’ve come to realise it’s not a punishment to stop drinking. It’s a life change that can only lead to good.
Woken up and can see the change in myself. That alcohol flush on my cheeks I’ve always hated has gone, my heads not foggy, I’m less snappy with the kids, it’s not an effort to get ready for work and get us all out the door.
Tonight I’ll be smashing an essay instead of a bottle of wine. An essay towards a degree that will set me and my girls up for life.
Happy Friday guys :heart:

11 Likes

Thank you for this post. This is just what I needed to see! I’ve been sitting here the past few hours craving a wine or three or four. But after I read this your post, I made a jasmine tea!!! Happy Friday people, here is to a good weekend!

2 Likes

Well done you. I’m still getting the urge to drink, I’m by no means over it. It’s just getting easier, the rewards are better than the drink!
The first few days I was completely lost I didn’t know what to do in an evening without a drink in my hand.
You can :100: do this just see the positives in it.
It is not a punishment :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Well done. This is positive thinking and a real change of mindset. It’s beautiful to see life in this way right? I’m looking forward to a beautiful sober weekend with family too. Nothing better than this :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Looking good lady! Sober weekends are the way forward. I hope you have a lovely one with your young’uns! Don’t forget to take a little time out for yourself. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like