Expectations are premeditated resentments

Keep expectations in check. Got other advice?

3 Likes

This makes me think of something I read about the difference between being open minded and objectively curious about ourselves and others versus being judgmental. To me this means that if we have expectations it requires us to be making judgments all the time which can lead into negative territory when we judge harshly or unfairly or really in any way = possibility for resentment. But if we take the judgment out (which is really about taking the emotional reactions out) and try to look at situations by being curious about what might all be contributing to things, putting our reactions aside and open to taking all the information in, practicing empathy (trying to see things from other’s perspective, etc) then we can avoid creating resentments in the long run and inevitably have healthier relationships with ourselves and others. Hope my rant makes sense, for what it’s worth. Good topic!

3 Likes

control

7 Likes

What helps me is knowing people are just people and all fall short of the Glory of God. Everyone is going to disappoint me but that doesn’t mean I should be resentful, just aware. I’ve struggled with this many times and feel peace when I remember this.

4 Likes

I can only control my actions and attitude. People, places and things do and will continue to be as they are. Simple is best for me, hurts my head too much thinking about it otherwise.

2 Likes

Keep living as simple as possible, be honest about who you are and what you are about, and keep moving forward.

3 Likes