Extreme Moods

Guys Im having a hard time when Im up Im way up when Im down Im below the dumps and lately Ive been there I can’t get out of my own head I should be doing more Im so tired and cold and just waiting for the day I wake up refreshed and happy I know I shouldn’t be too hard on myself but man its tough!

1 Like

I know how it is to not have any patients. And just want to sleep til its over. Believe me i wish it was that easy. Just pamper yourself for now in baths n music and keep the water n vitamin regimine up. The sleep is the last one to come. But as quality of sleep improves so will your energy…just be patient it will come …but only if you stick to the plan. At first wd is rough after 30 days it gets managable… You will atleast start to get quality in your sleep. No more hurricane Kristen plowing everything off the bed. Lol … Just keep goin gurl!

1 Like

My DOC was booze, but I went all out in self care. My moods where all over the place for the first few weeks. My regime became Work, bath, bed pretty much. Seriously. I tried not to let anything stress me too much and just looked after myself. I’m starting now to feel like I can do a lot more, Ive cut down on the baths and started to look at projects I can do.
Don’t be too hard on yourself for not achieving much at the moment.
What you’re doing is far more important, your rebuilding yourself!!!

3 Likes

So you think its ok that Im not going as much as I hope to one day? I guess I should give myself more credit Im sober but I feel like my parents are so critical of me like shouldnt you be better by now… how did you know my nickname??? Lol

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel unstable with my moods but idk I guess I need to give myself more credit it’s just really really hard thanks for your support I really appreciate it!

My goal today is to do at least 2 of my practice tests Ive done one its still 930 am im going to take a break and do the next in a little while i just hope i actually do it

Well they dont understand how this wd is as they are not addicts. Your motivation is kinda going to have to be a forced action at first. Your completely feeling normal. Your serotonin levels are low so sleep and libido is low. This also causes alot of depression… Some over the counter meds can help with depression and help build serotonin. Maybe look into natural depression remedies…

1 Like

Seriously, don’t be too hard on yourself if you don’t do everything you think you should. Just do what needs to be done, concentrate on loveing yourself. As time goes by you’ll feel stronger and more able to do more. That’s what’s happened with me anyway. Don’t worry,be happy :grinning:

My dad is an alcoholic hes been in recovery for 20 some years and my mom is a gambling addict addiction runs rampid in my family but they don’t understand heroin that’s for sure plus they finally got s divorce after being married 38 years but still live together and that’s where i’m living it’s a shit show, did you take anything for depression. ill look into just wondering if you had any suggestions thank you so much!!!

You’re so right I really need to work on loving myself more, I just don’t like how but I am proud of myself for making it 23 days so that’s a start I guess

I took a ssri anti depressant that i was prescribed before. I took it a month and stopped. It made me feel funny at work or if took at night id sweat in my sleep. Now i take nothing .

Good for you, yeah id prefer something natural if i can just it funny how well put this poison in our body but then we all of the sudden are so cautious about anything else

Yay. Take that pride and use it to feel better about yourself. You are doing great work and you know it. Build on that.

1 Like

You’re right thank you so much!