Extremely irritated, close to relapsing

I’m 3 days and 5 hours into sobriety. Today was a really hard day for me. I’ve been feeling this extreme irritation and anger. My anxiety hasn’t manifested itself yet, but I already feel it coming. Using seems like such an easy solution. But I know that will hate myself if I give in.

3 Likes

Don’t do it. I’m one day ahead of you and I almost gave in about 2hours ago. Bought a bottle and hid it in my car. I got on here and vented, ran to my car and threw the bottle in the outside garbage bin. So happy I did. Just hang on a few more hours. Curl up in the dark if you gave to, but stay strong. You got this.

3 Likes

The disease of addiction will convince you using is a good idea and then make you hate yourself for doing it and then you’ll get clean again only to face the same situation. Dont give in, strengthen your resistence muscle. Pray up and go to meetings daily. Talk it out. You got this!

1 Like

Stay strong this feeling will pass.

1 Like

I’m so proud of you!

I’m trying to fall asleep, hopelessly…

I live in a country where we don’t have anonymous meetings for substance users. I can’t even find a therapist to talk to about fighting an addiction (well I guess there are such therapists but they probably cost a small fortune).

2 Likes

Tomorrow will certainly be terrible if you give in… :100: But if you don’t it is very possible that tomorrow might be better than today… :100: That will put you at 4 day’s and 5 hours into almost a full week of fighting that life sucking monster… :100: I wouldn’t want to have to do that all over again… You deserve better for yourself… :point_up::blush::100:

3 Likes

@Ananosya just push a little further, it’ll get better soon! You didn’t come this far to just get this far. Get through today, get some sleep and tomorrow will be a new day.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Emma mybday 11 was nearly a relapse bt I reached out on here day 12 was full of anger that I can’t be a normal person and just have one BT we can’t were addicts.keep going

Try smart recovery you can do it online I believe.xx

When I feel this way, I can get relief by forcing myself to make a list of things in grateful for. And at the top of the list is my sobriety.

Here’s a thread on the topic, What are you gratefull for?

1 Like

How are you holding up ?