Face acne — Day 11

I have noticed over the past week that I have been having acne break outs on my face, just wondering if that has happened to anyone else and if it’s from the toxins coming out of my body?

9 Likes

Yes it is part of the detoxification process. There is a good explanation of this on another thread - the overall focus on that thread is nicotine but the point about acne applies to many addictive substances / toxins, including alcohol (and all the junky stuff it comes with).

Scroll down to “Fourth in a series” (this note is part of a longer post):

7 Likes

He honestly does ! It’s actually really nice to have someone so informative all the time :hugs:

3 Likes

Bro. I am breaking out bad. WTF :angry:

It’s my 4th attempt at sobriety. I’ve never had this problem.

147 days sober.

1 Like

Day 41 and still breaking out LOL

1 Like

Damn.

Well, we can wear a mask to hide it :mask: :laughing:

Maybe it’s those damn masks causing the acne. Yeah, that’s it.

1 Like

The first time I was in recovery I really broke out with acne. I’ve always been acne prone but this was quite distinctive. I finally found a skin care routine that was effective and when I relapsed I was able to keep that up. I reached my 10 day milestone today and so far my skin has been really good, thank goodness.
The main things for me have been exfoliation using salicylic acid and using a very simple moisturiser. I also use a product containing azelaic acid for actual breakouts. It took a while to find the combination that worked for my skin but I do seem to have finally cracked it.
I do still get acne on my back which has been a little worse since I quit drinking again.

2 Likes