Facing relapse and how to break the cycle

Hello sober family.

They say all to often the dangers of drifting away from the AA program and doing the next right thing. I can say they are right… I made it 18 months without a drop of the poison of alcohol and have constantly drank for the past month and half. I’m here to admit utter defeat. One thing the program has taught me is we choose our rock bottom and I’m choosing today as man. I don’t wish to go any further down the rabbit hole and put my relationships and my health at further risk. To those willing to share there words of encouragement or how they delt with relapse please share it with me. Thank you my friends.

8 Likes

Been on the program for a long time havnt needed to go try again wish you well

1 Like

You are here, good first step. If you were in the program, you already know the answer. Don’t drink and get to a meeting. Raise your hand and claim your seat for today. We cannot do this alone and we don’t have to.

5 Likes

Stay away from that first drink. So whatever it takes. Distract yourself. It can be done. We have all done it. You have done it in the past. One minute at a time. Keep coming back to this forum and even if you do not participate or not reply, just read. Every story has the same basic storyline. You want to write your own story? You need to live it. Day by day. Moment by moment. One instance of happiness to the next.

1 Like

You made it 18 months so you know you can do it again. Congrats on your decision to take your life back.

1 Like

Glad you are here.

You did it once. You know how how to do it again.

Sitting in those folding chairs has given me my life back. Nothing special about me or how I did it. I’m just a drunk staying sober one day at a time - with the help of a lot of other alcoholics and addicts.

Stay sober today. That’s how you start.:heart:

3 Likes