Father died

My father just died a couple hours ago from Covid complications. I’m in so much shock right now. I don’t even believe this is real. I can’t imagine life without him. I don’t have a desire to drink right now but fuck idk if that will change. I’m just so fucking sad.

20 Likes

My sincere condolences Josh. That’s a terrrible loss. You take care of you and yours please. Drinking won’t help even though there may come moments where it seems it will. I wish you all strength to deal with this big blow.

6 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss Josh. Stay strong. Honor your father with your sobriety.

3 Likes

Thank you so much and I know you’re right. I know I can go through this sober I’m just a mess right now

2 Likes

My deepest condolences to you, we’re here if you need to talk. Sending love brother

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. Please be gentle with yourself and take care of yourself. Drinking at your pain won’t change it, only mask it. It is okay and expected to be a mess and in pain and grief. Honoring your Dad by honoring your self and sobriety can help you thru this. :heart:

3 Likes

My heart goes out to you and your family.:heart: s

3 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss! Use this community for support, there will always be someone around to help.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss. A drink will only give a fleeting moment of help, but it’s all a lie.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss Josh.

3 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. :pray::heart:

3 Likes

Oh Josh, this is gut wrenching news. I can’t imagine the sadness you are feeling. I am sending you so much strength. Sorry for your loss. :heart::pray::heart:

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Its hard losing a parent. I lost my father 11 years ago, we had a special bond. I dont have anything to say to make it better, but I feel you :heart:

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. :black_heart:

3 Likes

I am so deeply sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. Please take care of yourself. We are here, reach out if you need us. Thinking of you right now Josh. :pensive::two_hearts:

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss…try to hang in there…you can do it. Just remember the drinks will only help for the first few after that will have the opposite effect plus be more down that you drank.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine what you’re feeling, take care of yourself. :heart:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. :cry: You and your family are on my heart. Sending much love to you all. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m so very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad four years ago. You’re in my prayers.

2 Likes