Favorite Quotes

I did that’s me at the canyon! I love the north rim side!!!

I’ve only been to the south rim but it was spectacular

2 Likes

“smile, it’s only rehab”

“Better than jail, bro”

4 Likes

Psalms 91
especially the part God commands His angels concerning me :raised_hands:

1 Like

Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become, sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.

I have always loved quotes. My Hero, my grandfather, used to always rattle off quotes from memory…and sometimes he would make them up just to be funny. My favorite of his ridiculous quotes will always be “Dont stuff a hotdog in the coin return” LOL. Theres definitely a story behind that one. The serious one that sticks is “Dont cross an ocean for someone that you should have drowned on the shore” You can clearly see why he is my Hero…

Even his quotes never really struck me or gave me that AHA! moment. This app actually did that for me 2 days ago. I never could really grasp “forgiving” someone. I can tell them I forgive them, but did I really? I couldnt be sure. My feelings didnt change really…I didnt want to go have lunch with them after “forgiving” them or anything… So what the fuck is it to forgive someone? I was so frustrated…

“To forgive is to accept that the past cannot change”

Holy shit stain…it was like an explosion happened behind my eyes. I had instant understanding after reading those 10 words.

I love the drinking poison to kill someone else one…perfect.

Happy Saturday yall!

:heart:A

2 Likes

“forgiving doesn’t change the past, but it certainly changes the future.” that’s one i like a lot on forgiveness, i think i first saw it somewhere on this forum.

1 Like

6498fabd300b2aad805489e20128a3dd60300edc8b427805ec35b7253e1bf9b2

This one keeps me out of a lot of trouble…

2 Likes

“Holy shit stain” might now b my favorite quote/phrase . Heh.

1 Like

I used to refer to most of my employees as shit stains…then HR got involved so I had to figure out another way to use it effectively. Lol.

3 Likes

Even Saints were sinners once.

1 Like

“Everybody knows that drugs/alcohol are harmful to health and confuse the mind. Even if they calm fear and anguish, they are incapable of extinguishing suffering altogether. They only mask it for a while. In order to overcome suffering, we must first understand it and what causes it. Substance abuse makes that impossible” HH The Dalai Lama.

3 Likes

We have only today, yesterday’s gone and tomorrow is uncertain. That’s why they call it the present. And sobriety really is a gift… for those who are willing to receive it.

My favorite quote is from a Magic The Gathering card.

“The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it.”

3 Likes

Something that started repeating in my head when I was feeling really low and hating myself a while back. It soothes me:
“There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it.” -Voldemort

Or if I’m feeling good:
“I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.”

1 Like

b74a223f207067d7baceab9fd6acec39
This is me in a nutshell. I try to live by it.

3 Likes

Living by your wants will never make you happy; what it means to be fully human is to strive to live by ideas and ideals and not to measure your life by what you ever attain in terms of your desires but those small moments of integrity, compassion, rationality, even self-sacrifice. - David Gale

There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus. - Pascal

1 Like