Favourite Sounds?

When ever my cat Vader jumps into my lap, she makes this MMMMRRRRPPP sound.

10 Likes

I love my cat’s purr but now that’s she’s an old lady I really love how she snores when asleep in her bed.
A basketball swooshing through the net without touching the rim. Especially when it’s my three point shot.
A new bike the first couple of weeks I own it. Hardly a sound at all but what I can hear is poetry in motion.

10 Likes

Airplanes flying over. Not the window rattling ones lol. We always lived near AFB growing up because of my Dads work, and he could tell you from the sound what kind of airplane was flying over. Takes me back to childhood. I live in a farming town very close to a small airport so I get to hear small ones all the time and I love it!

8 Likes

The wind going trough the leaves of a tree.
Sea waves.
An owl calling in the night.

10 Likes

The coffee pot brewing in the morning
Crickets at night
A fan blowing in the room

8 Likes

This one’s probably a little odd, but…

The electric hair clippers at the barber shop. There’s something about that buzz and the vibration against my neck that almost lulls me to sleep.

8 Likes

My daughter singing and playing guitar in her room late at night.

12 Likes

Kitty purrs are the best! Lately we’ve been listening to “brown noise” at night. Definitely promotes deep sleep.

4 Likes

Very nice! I like that one.

1 Like

-Low, rumbling thunder
-Listening to my family chatting and laughing together when I’m in the other room - it’s such a comforting sound and interesting to listen to when set apart a bit, observing and taking it all in
-Trains in the distance
-Babies cooing and babbling, little kid giggles, kids playing
-Most nature sounds, especially creek/stream waters and all the adjacent sounds like birdies and leaves rustling, etc.
-The sound of an outdoor market just coming to life before it gets too busy, or on the edges of one with live music in the distance

Apparently I like the idea of sounds or the edge of them instead of being right in the midst of it all! I have very sensitive ears, I do know that, and never leave home without my ear plugs.

10 Likes

Definitely the laughter of my grandson and the sound of ocean waves hitting the shoreline.

4 Likes

The snow bit is an excellent one. Also the quiet dampening effect that falling snow has on sounds.

2 Likes

Exactly! It hits different at night! Love it!

1 Like

The sound a motorcycle makes when your shifting up through the gears, laying off and than back on the throttle in a rhythm. Also the sound footsteps make with that echo while walking through a big enclosed building like a museum.

4 Likes

Loons on a lake in the early morning with a breeze gently blowing through the trees.

Waves rolling onto the shore.

4 Likes

My daughter does this too with her bass, and she keeps the amp down low at night but we can still here it subtly through the house. Love it.

2 Likes

It’s the best :blush:

1 Like

Waves hitting the shore. I prefer in Person but settle for insight timer playing the sound for me.

4 Likes

Rain☔️. Or any type of running water!

4 Likes

The sound of a neighbor kid down the street practicing the piano. Brings back memories of my childhood when I would practce after school. Simpler times…:relieved:

3 Likes