Favourite Sounds?

The sound of the needle dropping onto a record album, those first few seconds of anticipation before the music starts and those little crackles and pops from an old record.

5 Likes

Crickets on a summer evening.

Distant thunder.

My kids laughing and getting along with each other.

Fog horns in the harbor.

Light rain on the leaves outside.

The wind moving through tall pines deep in the woods…

6 Likes

their laugh​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Any form of running water.

5 Likes

Sound of a saxophone -tune doesnt matter just love how beautiful a sax sounds :saxophone::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Children laughing, and the ocean waves at night when everything else is quiet :relieved:

5 Likes

Just the fan on high. Lol

4 Likes

Snow crunching

4 Likes

My Son’s voices, at 4 and 3 years old, just having little conversations with them, touch my heart so much.
My 3 year old has a very deep voice already and it’s hilarious.

The sound of light ran.

Classical Johan Sabastian Bach on the piano.

3 Likes

My kids laughing

My dogs snoring

My oldest daughter’s voice when she’s on the phone with clients lol. It goes about 50 octaves higher and she sounds like she’s 3 years old. It’s so funny.

4 Likes

I love rain, waterfalls, or fountains.

I also love silence. Silence is absolutely miraculous after living a life full of chaos. Being able to sit in that silence and listen to myself.

Not a sound but other things that bring me joy are hammocks or patio swings, and the scent of vanilla.

7 Likes

When it’s bird migration time and the geese head down to Florida where I am I love the sound of the V formation of geese honking.

3 Likes

A fan at night.
Crickets and frogs mixed together on a warm summer night as you lay in bed with the window open (I distinctly remember falling asleep to that sound the night before dan passed)
(This one is odd but some will understand.) the sound of my mothers hushed praying in the wee hours of the morning.
Genuine, hysterical laughter.
The low humming of street lamps at night.
The “that’s all folks!” At the end of looney tunes in the 90’s when you were up watching Saturday morning cartoons :heart:
An old vhs tape rewinding.
The ocean and seagulls.

11 Likes

My favorite was the theme from animaniacs and ducktales

4 Likes

Yes! And also the intro to Doug :heart:
IMG_6139

6 Likes

Thunderstorms and waterfalls

6 Likes

A bubbling brooke
The sound of bacon sizzling