Fb social media is so hard to post on

So I posted this on FB and man the axiety I get from that is crazy, bc I know all these ppl and fear of being judged. With you guys it’s easy, u all get me. But today I said fuck that fear and posted this. I feel alot of relief

Two months with out a drink today. Im gonna start by saying, I didn’t drink any different then anyone else, I didn’t like my drinking, but I still worked and carried on with life. I see things so different now, it’s been a tough road. But my thought about alcohol has changed alot. My main reason for drinking was I thought it helped with everything, hanging out with friends, social gatherings, bbqs, days out in the boat. Stressful day at work, oh I accomplished something… better have a drink. Alcohol stripped way all my gratitude and everything I thought or felt needed to have a drink to make it better. My anxiety and depression was through the roof bc of alcohol, I would get drunk and not drink for the next 4 days bc of my anxiety and depression, even if I didn’t do anything wrong I would wake up feeling ashamed and feel guilty, full of anxiety. I’m glad I’m sober and clear headed through this virus mess, I’m not gonna drink bc of this, I know it’s not going to make anything better. I’m also not going to worry about what everyone else is doing. I can only focus on myself and my girls and take care of us. Worrying about other ppl not social distancing and what they are doing is only going to create stress for me. I am definitely more grateful for life and what this town has to offer me, I go out on my bike and feel bad bc I just see trash every where so within these next couple of days I plan on trying to get out and clean up a lil. I’m sure ppl are gonna say omg stay inside blah blah, you’re not gonna stop me from getting out and getting a lil fresh air. Anyway that’s what I feel at two months sober. Alot more gratification towards things that I use to not give a shit about. I was only worried about that next drink. Sorry if ppl don’t like my post or me. That’s fine, I can only focus on myself from here on out and making and setting goals for the future and my girls

6 Likes

Been off of fb for almost 6 months. One of the best decisions I’ve made.

2 Likes

I’m probably going to head in that direction myself. It definitely affects my life more then I ever thought

2 Likes

I have 159 friends on fb. I have 3 real friends and that’s stretching it a bit. Maybe another 10 I interact with on a somewhat regular basis. For me that says enough. in itself. I use FB to look at things I like. Bicycles and bicycling, nature, kitties, my home town and some places I’ve been to. A little bit of recovery. Some old friends that otherwise I’d have no contact with at all. That’s it and that’s all.
I applaud you for your openness and honesty on there but I don’t think I’d do so. In fact I was thinking about posting something about me being 300 days sober and clean on FB today but your post helped me in deciding against it. Folks on FB tend to be judgmental. And they don’t have the right to judge me. None of them. I don’t care for their opinion of me really. Again, if it helps you great. I’m absolutely not criticizing you for doing what you do. You’re doing great in your journey as a whole Mike. All love and all respect. Keep doing what you do.

2 Likes

No I definitely agree with you, but that’s like why I did it bc fuck them if they do judge me. They are aloud to judge me and think what they want. I did it so that I can stop caring what ppl think about me, just trying to do new things bc I never would of done this before. I’ve posted one other time about my sobriety. I deff don’t plan on doing it much more, its just for me to help heal a lil and get it out. Ive always been worried what ppl in this town thihfbt about me, even if I didn’t post on FB and I would just be out in public. So I do Def agree with you. This is just to help me a lil, it got rid of alot of anxiety for me and brought alot of relief in not giving a shit what anyone in this town thinks about me

2 Likes

Good on you than Mike!

1 Like