Feel there's No point

I can only make 2 days, 3 days max.
It’s just not going to stop is it

It will stop. Take one day at a time. Just keep telling yourself that.

5 Likes

@Lionfish is right @Tomscothon

One day at a time. An hour at a time if you have too!

4 Likes

I’ll keep trying regardless what happens

1 Like

Just keep your head up, get yourself out of bad situations evn if that means doing u for awhile n shutting everyone out

3 Likes

I’m stuck also in the 3 day cycle. Only I’m trying to quit coke. Maybe we can get through this together. I keep trying to quit I want to so bad I cry every time I get it. A part of me doesn’t want to quit I just have to find a way to shut that part of me up. Block it out. I just don’t know how. I can’t believe how much I spend a month it makes me sick.

2 Likes

Are you guys in any type of a program to help you quit? @princessZelda @Tomscothon

4 Likes

Most times it takes more than just will power to quit. You have to be willing to make changes in your life. Like @MandiH said, what type of program are you doing? And what are you willing to do?

1 Like

I’m afraid children’s aid will get involved and my kids will find out. They already witnessed me being an alcoholic and cas got involved. I quit drinking. I didn’t want to hurt them anymore. I don’t want them to find out. I don’t want anyone to find out.

What’s worse? Continuing to relapse and use or admitting you have a problem and getting help?

2 Likes

Tell them you’ve been thinking about drinking. You don’t have to tell them what exactly is going on. What you need to do is get YOU the help you need to stop.

1 Like

But I know I have a problem, or I wouldn’t try a quit all the time and download this app :joy: I’ve been considering a programme lately it seems to be alot of people advice

1 Like

If you’re not getting far on your own, go to a meeting. They can help you get to the next step!

I know I spend so much money and the think is I like drinking/doing coke. I don’t do it to escape anything I just really love it but over the years I know my personality has changed for the worse and my pockets are more empty then they should be and I don’t like the idea that when I do use, I really feel like I dont even have a choice, if it’s in my mind I will do it, even if it’s in my mind telling me no

1 Like

Step one. We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.

Sounds like you got that down

2 Likes

I hope there’s not many more steps :joy: but if there is that’s that I ain’t gunna give up giving up

2 Likes

I was listening to a youtube of Wayne Dyer, and he says like sugar, alcohol cravings go away after 2 or 3 days. Then that when the mental work begins.
I just made one day after months of trying repeatedly. I woke up so exhilarated this morning. Use that feeling to keep you going.

You can you this!

1 Like

I’m an AAer so I do the 12 steps with a sponsor.

1 Like

In my experience Will Power only works when you are conscious, present and in control; however it is known that in addiction, when the carving hits, we are unable to go back to a conscious state so that is why will power is very limited specially after certain days of being sober/clean.

I was trapped in a 3 month relapse and what helped me is to discover my ritual, how does my carving starts? What am I thinking? Where do i go? what happened the days before?

Little by little you will discover what is really going on and be able to come up with a plan upfront. Trying to overcome addiction have made me make huge change in my life, being engaged more outside, meet different people, therapy, etc etc.

5 Likes

This app has actually helped me more than any AA meeting ever did. I read everyone’s stories and comments whenever I feel like drinking. Working out, keeping myself extremely busy and only hanging around people who know I don’t want to drink have also really helped. I’m 7 days sober now :slight_smile: