Feel to embarrassed to go to Dr to get suboxone

I’m glad you knew that was a research chemical of tramadol, you have knowledge too, knowledge is power, and even life saving when pertaining to drugs, glad you were okay too. :smile:

I’ve messed with all the rc benzos, clonazolam, etizolam, you name it, I’ve probibly tried it, stupid years of my life on the internet…

One thing I was scared to try though was the rc opiates, I know about them, but never tried them, and I’m thankful to God that I didn’t.

Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine are reported to be stronger than morphine, sorry for all the posts in a row, I just kept thinking of other things to say
:joy::joy:

Look My friend as I stated above experience will teach you or whoever better then anything else…I’m not here to argue for one point or another…im stating my experience…the drug isn’t the problem…it’s the person using the drug…
When I hear people argue that suboxone or methadone really helps I let them do their own research…I personally have yet to meet a very many people who used to a maintenance program and got off of drugs completely…mostly because they haven’t dealt with any of the internal shit they need to to reach a place where they lose the desire to use…js

I agree, at one point or another we’re all going to need to get away from even the tools that took us away from our drug of choice, but saying the drug isn’t a problem is just foolish, the drug creates the feelings and desire to do more, it’s not a matter of who, it’s a matter of when.

Edit: not calling you a fool, just to clarify, just the statement.

Also… Not all people who become addicted to drugs started them because there was a problem in their life. Me for example, I lived a comfortable life as a kid with 2 loving parents and 2 sisters, I decided one day to try morphine, and I kept going from there and eventually found oxycodone, it was a stupid, yet conscious decision on my part without any other problems going on in my life

suboxone is fine. Find your baseline and do not plan on using it for a long period of time. Trust me, i just beat a 12 year suboxone nightmare. Less = more never forget that. If you are continuously slamming your mu receptors shut you’re asking for trouble later on down the road. It’ll be a very long taper my friend

1 Like

I would taper off at a detox center where they give you subs and monitor you then completely stay away from them… I know people who had harder times quoting subs then h or use it as a cushion for withdrawals if they couldn’t get any. I would suggest a detox center then have a dr. Prescribe you naltrexone which is non addictive and doesn’t cause any withdrawals but blocks the opiate receptors. I’ve been on naltrexone since June 2015 and I’ve steered some friends towards it instead of subs. It’s better to go through the pain and be able to start new in my opinion. Hope this helps in whatever you decide

1 Like

I originally made this post in May of 2017, since then I’ve relapsed a lot, and then got myself on track, and am currently 58 days clean from oxycodone,no suboxone, but I did use Kratom for the withdrawal and I feel that was a way better rout (I have used suboxone and it helped,but it’s not a recovery drug,it’s a maintainence drug)

@Arae this is in response to you too

1 Like

I have never used that but I did use methadone and I hated it due to the fact that it didn’t do anything I used on it and I just worry think its around as a money maker so I hope it works

1 Like

Methadone is probably the worst one. Ive tried it only to feel like i prolonged wd. Suboxone can be a recovery drug but is used for maintinance alot of the time. Ive heard of many detoxes with fast tapers that have worked. None of these drugs are ok to abuse unless you like being stuck in the cycle. But whooo does …lol

2 Likes

I would check with your insurance company because a lot won’t cover Suboxone. Also some doctors don’t accept insurance so they make you pay cash, so it may end up being more expensive than kratom.

Another thing to consider is that coming off Suboxone after a long period is actually worse than coming off most opiates. Trust me on that. If you don’t want to work a program or anything try going to a detox center for a week or so. A lot of places will put you on a Suboxone taper so you don’t get dope sick. I would still strongly recommend some type of treatment or program even if it isn’t NA. Suboxone only takes care of the symptoms, it doesn’t help with the core of the disease.

I didn’t realize how old this thread was, you can just go ahead and ignore me.

1 Like

You think what is around as a money maker? Kratom or methadone? Because the answer is yes to both, they wouldn’t be around if they werent profitable, but it’s up to the user of these substances to choose what they want the outcome to be,and it’s not an out,it’s just a tool, I get it about the methadone, I used suboxone as a filler for when I didn’t have any percs, that’s not the right way to use it

It’s good information! Not ignored :slight_smile:

@KeepGoing I didn’t see the post date my bad on that one but I’m glad you saw the subs as a filler or net. It’s the most common trap, I use to buy subs off a friend just Incase my dealer didn’t have anything during some dry spells. I heard Kratom is good for a quick in and out though

1 Like

If it is a clinic, then I recommend to get 1-2 months ONLY. The FDA approved suboxone as a useful when used correctly. Suboxone is effective if used as a quick taper. Do not stay on them like I did. They have a long half-life, and your acute symptoms will not be half bad until day 3, & then it’s twice as bad and they will cause your acute symptoms to last 4x longer if not more. My advice: don’t ever take more than 1/ day (save them if you have to) and no matter what your drug is, or how long you were battling it. 1 will be overkill. Take 1 for the first few days, then take 1/2 each day, after 2-3 days of you feel a lot worse, then move back up to 1/day. If you find the 1/2 is enough, then repeat the process until u get only JUSY ENOUGH to keep you stabilized a bit. After you stabilize with your sub dose, see a psychiatrist(an actual MD psychiatrist) and work out the issues and stress in your life. Do the therapy, more than 1 kind, b/c rarely do we end up here from just 1 thing. Do not stay on suboxone more than 30 days, i know I regretted it, all the small and slow tapering in the world didn’t help. I literal
Bought some perks to take until subs were out of my system completely, and then I used 10 8/2 suboxone strips and tapered down in about 1-2 (maybe 3 but I didn’t risk it). I was a lot more educated about my brain and why I ended up here…I took 1/2 or 1/3 a sub to start the quick taper, and took another in 2 days, then 1/4 2 days after that, and I continued it until I ran out…and my legs hurt for about 2-3 weeks, the mental was still just what you’d expect though. The MD Psychiatrist really is a must and can not be substituted in my opinion, but opinion does include addition help…meaning yes the MD is the most important, but him/her alone is not enough.

This is a very old post, I am 59 days clean from oxycodone, I used suboxone a little bit but realized it was only delaying the withdrawal process, so I went to Kratom, and am now using it less and less, it’s helped me so much through withdrawal, but I really do appreciate this post :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, and I used kratom in 2014 and stopped about 2 months after, then stayed clean until 11/17. But kratom is not the answer either, we now know for a fact even though it has less abuse potential, it is still
Very effective. Given your past w/opiates (Oxy, percs, tabs were my poison too) kratom is just going to end up being the same situation, admittedly less extreme w/d’s…I think. I’m in Alabama and our stupid state banned it…and kratom worked so well for me last time and I got off the kratom in time, thankfully, but I’ve had a much different experience now. Kratom is not the answer I promise, is great for what you’re using it for, but if you’re already taking it daily you should really put thought into it, b/c the acute stuff probably won’t be as bad…if you’re on year 5-20 of daily use…it will as harsh…and look at who is running our government now…they would ban outnof marriage sex if they could, without even a second thought…their “ideologies” pretty much give them no choice but to actively ban things like kratom. They’re pro-business…and they don’t care about hippie herb companies while the entire USA pharmaceutical companies keep their seats of power safe.

1 Like

I agree and disagree with you, yes I use Kratom daily, SOME DAYS. I no longer use it everyday, I am completely aware that kratom has abuse potential,I know what it does, I did my research (I’m also not saying I have all the answers,or else I would of never became an addict),but I weighed my options, Kratom to help with withdrawal, or suboxone that made me so high that I wish I was using again to not be this high (i took as little as 1/4 of a 8/2 strip) not to mention it was just delaying my withdrawal altogether. I was on a much more dangerous path with my oxycodone use then I ever will be with Kratom use (I went very quickly from 5-10mg of oxy a day to up to 200mg a day), I’ve gone through a lot, and learned a lot about addiction during this process. I really appreciate your concern,but I feel like I’m in a path to not even using Kratom in the near future. Much love :blush:

1 Like