Feel to embarrassed to go to Dr to get suboxone

My fault. I 110% agree that you are better off w/ kratom, and that you should jump into a kratom detox lol. I understand what you mean by; getting back to, or finding your new, normal…and staying@ that “normal” until you feel like it should be done and whether or not it’s the time. I’m on klonopin, I’d prefer kratom to that, but the reason is genuinely not related to my opiate addiction. During college, my gf (now my wife of 7 years) got pregnant, and it was kinda weird, b/c I did start having panic attacks every night, but they didn’t start until my son was almost 4. Like a delayed response, but my point is: I do not feel that being non-dependent on klonopin is achievable, nor advisable, for me; & the panic attacks are 100% the reason. That was my anxiety level before even becoming an addict of any kind, if I stopped now it’ll just add benzo w/d’s and a whole butt ton of stress I will not be able to handle w/o losing my mind.

1 Like

I know all too well about the anxiety too,I have diagnosed general anxiety disorder,and Ive been on all kinds of drugs for that, and when I would stop taking them the anxiety would be 10x worse!! It was frustrating…and I know mixing something like a benzo with an opiate is a recipe for disaster. Once I started excersizing more and using Kratom for my anxiety when it’s really bad, it helped manage it to a degree, but I do the exercise first before I jump right to Kratom

1 Like

That is great! I have never been athletic; I was a late bloomer and wasn’t big enough to really compete until I was old enough that I couldn’t get those instincts down. I actually do not exercise at all even during this recovery, and I hate it. I know it would help so much, but I can’t count the amount of times I have putting tennis shoes and running clothes, and never made it out the front door. I do compensate it by playing guitar. I’ve played for 18 years, I can play it all, but I’m an acoustic soul all the way. This is my first relapse and I just decided to sit down and learn all the stuff I’ve avoid; I learned how to merge my ability to read music (band & choir) w/ guitar, I also have been polishing up my multitasking through complicated riffs, or complex/hard to continue, strum patterns while also singing, and just my rhythm in general. By the end of this I might need to change careers, I’ve surprised the shit out myself with how much the mental and some physical pains subside on days I spend a few hours focused on practice and learning more.

1 Like

That is so awesome! I am not consistent with my excersize, but I do realize that when I do exercise it helps a lot with everything, I’m gonna try to stay focused and at least do 20min of cardio a day to start, and work up to an hour. I’m 27 now but when I was 21 I was doing 2 hours of cardio a day hahah,i still ate like crap, but I felt better mentally lol. I need to get back into my old hobbies like gardening and growing exotic plants and trees, I still do it, but when I was high I just wasn’t as passionate about it because all my senses were numbed

1 Like

I know it’s not the same thing,and I know it’s not a full agonist. Not sure what your getting st here lol but this post is really really old, I stopped suboxone a long time ago and am using Kratom to help me as it is an herb, that happens to have chemicals in it that also effect the sub opiate receptors, but I found that withdrawal from kratom is nothing compared to withdrawal to the dreaded suboxone, saying this from experience. 82 days clean today :slight_smile:

I’m notnsure what I’m replying to now, it notified me of a post on here and now i don’t see it, lol don’t mind me

1 Like

That happened to me the other day. I guess people can delete their posts?

I think so, yeah, weird! Hahah

Find a celebrate recovery in your area then go…google it… my 2 cents, and it’s part of my 247 days clean and sober after 30 years of habitual drugs / alcohol plus…

1 Like

This thread needs to be closed, I started it in May of 2017, I’m now 82 days clean from oxycodone and nothing suboxone,(However I do tale Kratom to help with withdrawls and mental stability). This thread keeps getting revived, but thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

@Steve92 can you close please?