Feeling anxious about the next few days

Hey guys.
So today is Wednesday and the last time I used was Friday night its getting closer to the weekend and tmrw I’m usually plotting ways to pay what I have to pay but also get high. I have been doing good with keeping myself focused on changing the cycle but as the weekend inches closer I’m getting a little anxious and scared that I’m going to again mess up which for the first time in awhile I don’t want. I’m so tired of being a disappointment to family and to myself. I want to be done with this stuff and making it threw the first weekend sober will probably be one of the biggest tests and milestones for me, I’m postive that if I can do that then the rest will be smoother sailing. I’m just so worried and nervous about another failure yet again.

If you have money left after paying bills, etc. Instead of getting high with it do something else. Plan your weekend out. Go to a movie, or dinner. I don’t know what your interests are. Reward yourself for being sober for a week. That’s a milestone. Don’t minimize your accomplishments. Every day you spend sober is an accomplishment.

4 Likes

Hey nikkis , what i do is attend meetings during the weekend… ask for help from a fellow in those meetings , it might helps u how it helps me.

Goodluck

4 Likes

Yup, me too. I have developed a routine for my recovery. It helps me stay on track so that I don’t lose sight of my goals. Boredom is my biggest enemy. I do what I have to do to avoid that.

2 Likes

Put the extra that you woulda spent on getting high towards bills. I pay ahead on my car and my electric quite frequently

4 Likes

Yes, i can identify with boredom, still struggle with that now and then.
Maybe thats why i opened this account to stay connected :joy:
I found out that just be connected helps me a lot,
The mind can be a bad neighbourhood sometimes.

1 Like

I totally agree with you guys boredom is also my enemy letting my mind be idle is such a bad thing for me I have to be able to keep myself busy constantly. But thank you all for your advice I’ve been in the process this week trying to plan something for each day of the weekend to stay occupied on other things. I’m going to make it thru this weekend and many more to come (fingers crossed). Thanks for all your guys support I also think this app and community has helped me in a way to want to do better reading everyone’s stories and seeing how supportive each person is to others. It honestly gives me hope for society because it’s easy with the world the way it is now to lose hope in the kindness and compassion of others. I think downloading this app is going to help me more then I thought it would.

Start putting money into a Roth IRA or 401(k) or some other deferred compensation account. Ya gotta retire some day.

1 Like