Feeling awful

So I had 26 days sober and messed everything up, drank St Patricks day and through till mothers day, feeling absolutely terrible, feel like the worst mom ever, need to try and find a better place in my head to get back on track, how the hell do I do that

13 Likes

It’s part of recovery. A relapse is not a failure it’s part of the process. Most people will relapse 7-8 times before they succeed. This is just what I researched but start again. You’re only recovering and you are in my prayers :pray:

6 Likes

I can understand how you feel right know but Don’t be to hard on yourself. Relapses can happen.

It took me countless relapses to reach the point I am at now. You did 26 days so you can do it again.

I know it’s difficult to get into the momentum again. Be nice to yourself and focus on what is important to you right know. :pray::muscle:t3:

7 Likes

Hey Laura! I understand where you are at. Interesting thing I noticed. . . Looks like you joined TS about 2 years ago. If you’ve read around here much, there are lots of suggestions and tools that have worked for others to get and stay sober. What have you tried? What are you willing to do going forward. Don’t let another two years go by and still be in this battle with alcohol. This alcohol deal gets progressively worse. On the flip side, a life in recovery gets progressively better.

I was on TS for 5 miserable years before I surrendered fully in March if 2021. I missed so much in those 5 years. So much damage done. Don’t be me. Get serious about this and quit digging for lower bottoms. Glad you are here. This community is a great source for support.

11 Likes

Write down how rubbish you’re feeling.

You can refer to it next time you are thinking of drinking.

5 Likes

Thank you all, means a lot, I shall isolate myself to day and try to motavate myself tomorrow, xx

3 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help . helped me stay sober no relapses wish you well

9 Likes

What have you tried to stay sober so far?
I used this program early on in my sobriety, videos and homeworks to teach you about what alcohol is and how it gets it’s claws into you, and how to break free.

https://learn.thisnakedmind.com/the-alcohol-experiment-registration

I understand feeling guilty about you kid/s. But you can come back from it. My kids remember me drinking, and hungover, and the times I let them down. They know I was struggling then, they see my efforts now to stay sober, and they trust me again.

4 Likes

I feel dreadful, like everything is on top of me again, can’t even motavate myself to get dressed or do my homework, it’s upside down again, I absolutely hate alcohol it ruins everything

5 Likes

I like that! A positive thought for a Monday morning!

3 Likes

I was just where you are last week. Since I am super determined to stay sober, I’ve spent the week reworking my acceptance of my alcoholism, focusing especially on my awareness that I have a loud drunky voice who likes to tell me I have control and 1 drink is nothing and I’m fine. I accept that she’s a dumbass and awful. I have reworked my tools to come here daily, read, read, read, and comment when I can. And I have an emergency plan in place to come here if that drunky voice starts singing again so that the voices here can drown her out because I accept that doing things alone doesn’t work. It took me about 3 days of feeling awful and down until I flicked the switch to determined. Reading posts here was the catalyst for sure. Plus I am still thinking of what went wrong. Why I had that 1. I got cocky and lazy. I started to think this was easy. I wasn’t aware of the effect my stress level and current surging hormones had on my sobriety. When I looked into it, there was a thread here about everything I was already thinking. It had been thought and analyzed, and made me feel less wretched and alone.

6 Likes

Your not alone youve got all of us here who understand, be kind to yourself the next couple of days then get back on the horse, make it for the last time and youl never have to feel so shitty ever again :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thank you for your support, I am going to try again :muscle::heart:

3 Likes

Not try just do! And you can… i have every faith Laura, find all those things that bring u to drink…write them down and work on them all one by one…have go to solutions whenever you get the urge…i ate cheesecake like it was going out of fashion…whatever works, get in the mindset that u can do this and you will!

1 Like

You made it 26 days. That is more than a lot of people can say. Learn and make it 52 days next time.

2 Likes

What about St. Patrick’s day “made you drinl”? What kinds of things were you doing to stay sober?

What ever you were doing didnt work. What can you do this time.

Drinking is a choice, it may not feel like it at times. However, when we start looking at drinking aa a choice…we start to recover.

3 Likes

I can’t clone credit for it but it is so absolutely true.

2 Likes

Another day, still not feeling great but yes I’m going to look at it like that :muscle:

2 Likes

You can do this Laura! :muscle: make this the beginning of your new life we are all here with you :heart:

Thank you so so much, feeling alot more positive, drink really does make me ill mentally so much so, my mother always said to me don’t do it if it makes you ill, god bless her how true her words x

4 Likes