Feeling crazy

Hey everyone, I’m new to this app and honestly am looking for anything and anyone to talk to and help me get my head out of my ass.

I’ve been clean and sober for almost 4 months. I’ve never had this long in my entire life, since I was 12 years old I’ve been using drugs and alcohol every day of my life.

Today I’m just struggling, it’s like I don’t want to pick up and I know for s fact it wouldn’t make me feel better. But I can’t stop obsessing about it. Like my mental obsession, my spiritual malady is back and it feels like regardless of the fact that I don’t WANT it, all the signs of relapse are here.

Help!! What to do

First of all – congratulations on staying sober for 4 months! That’s no small feat.

You fought for every single one of those days, and you certainly don’t want to give those up. I don’t believe that you will give them up, either.

The two things that always, always help me get through a craving:

1. Exercise. Can’t stress this one enough. Clears the mind, provides solitutude, natural endorphins. The list is endless.
  2. Sleep. Not the most feasible depending on time of day and what your obligations are, but if you’re really stuck and can do so – sleep. Any craving I was having is gone by the time I wake up.

Really anything to give your mind something else to work on. You know what they say about idle hands.

Stay strong!

2 Likes

You sound like you’ve been through a program, have you been to a meeting lately?

3 Likes

I have. I try to get to one every night.

I’m at my moms visiting her today and she’s sick and then I’m sick so now we’re borh just being gross and in bed eating food watching TV lol and I don’t want to go to a meeting tonight. But I know I SHOULD

2 Likes

Hey there in times like this I always pray I know some people don’t believe and what not . I use to not believe cuz everything happened to me in my life but I believe now I’m changed so maybe have an open mind tonight and pray ask for help with all that your thinking and he will help and answer. Another thing u can do is step work that also helps me in times like this. Call someone if needed . Hopefully this helps

3 Likes

I feel the same shit, i used drugs for 4 years almost, now im have 3 months sober and its a fucking shit, now the depression come back with a force cant i support, in drugs i was the good guy at the job and now im a shit at the job, my mind is my worst enemy, for me is nothing good the sobriety, my life is worst, but i cant come back in drugs because my stomach is very sick, is the sobriety or died soon.

Putting down the drugs is only a small part of recovery. Making yourself a better person and addressing the underlying issues of why you used in the first place. Trust me when I say that it’s your disease telling you that you were a better person on drugs. You weren’t. I thought I was awesome at being high and living life. I assure you no one else agreed with me. I was just to fucked up to notice how fucked up I was.

2 Likes

That’s great news, sometimes you can’t make it to an actual meeting but you can stream a speaker meeting on YouTube or use the joe and charlie app. Good way to spend an hour.

Prayer helps too, He’s always there to listen and help get stuff off your chest. He helps remove the obsession quite well in my experience. Something about getting on your knees and physically grounding yourself, admitting your need of help and receiving it.

3 Likes

Change the channel of the TV show, running in your brain. Engage in something that requires intense focus, and provides instant feedback. Bowling. Darts. Building a house of cards. Anything to change your mental focal-point, and change the calculus of your thoughts.

You’ve got some sober time. You know you can resist these urges. Don’t focus on them. Focus your mind on something productive.

1 Like

Thanks man that’s huge!! This means a lot. I know there’s a few things I can do to make that mental switch.
Thank you

1 Like

Yes exactly. That’s something if I look back I’ve been neglecting is my prayer. And that’s not like me, I am so sincere when I say thank you for that reminder. It’s just crazy how often a program can leave us, so easily by letting a few simply stables in our day slip.

1 Like

Thank you!
I definitely need to remember that one. Exercise is huge and I definitely need to do more of it.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Sending vibes of strength and positivity to you.
You got this. I believe in you

1 Like

THANK YOJ :pray:t2::heart:️ I feel much better today.

You’re welcome :sunglasses: