Feeling depressed/hopeless

I’m feeling completely hopeless at the moment. Thankfully, I don’t feel like drinking. I finally realize how much drinking has ruined my life. Sometimes it feels like I won’t ever be able to escape my past self because of all the resentment I feel from others. It feels like it’s still ruining my life. It’s kind of hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I’m not posing any questions. Just sharing my current feelings. I need to get out of this negative mindset.

6 Likes

You are not alone. I felt like this. With time there is clarity, forgiveness, and acceptance.

5 Likes

Keep doing what you’re doing and it will ease. Show the world that you can and will be a better person. But do it for you! Not to gain respect from others. Learn to respect yourself again.

2 Likes

And sometimes you have to cut ties…

2 Likes

I think family are the most difficult relationships to maintain, add personalities, quirks, attitudes, opinion and a false sense of love and respect and it all goes kaboom…it sucks but there it is.

2 Likes

This is so true. One of the harder things to do but you end up being better for it.

We’ll the same yard to cross the ocean’s. I can understand how do u feel now.cause I go true past few weeks ago.Let the time twach u to accented who u are really.be strong .