Feeling depressed today

I’ve got 3 hours of sleep. It was cold and rainy today… after a heat binge. I wasn’t heard at my work meeting. I wasted my time when I needed to catch up on sleep.
I took the bus to my sponsors house and missed the stop and got lost on the side of this really sketchy road over a bridge. Waited in the rain for the bus two come and two didn’t show up when they said they would.
Got to her house. Leave my problems at the door and Had a great meeting actually. (The only highlight)
Left and made cookies for my homegroup in a terribly messy kitchen which I haven’t been in since last week when I cleaned it. Which is so frustrating. Get a ride from my friend to my homegroup meeting and she knows how I always have to arrive early to things especially meetings, and especially this one because I bring cookies and it causes me serious anxiety being late. Well she was late and then we were late.
The meeting was alright but at this point I’m in such a bad mood. Everything is pissing me off.
Decided I needed another meeting, but had to wait for my friend. That meeting was good and was talking about the concept of our higher power and how important it is to always seek them. At this point I’m starving and feeling lightheaded realizing I haven’t eaten all day except for a cookie to test.
Then I start getting the worst stomach cramps in the world and feeling so ill. As my friend is leaving to drive me home she backs into a car, and I’m feeling worse and worse. All I want to do is take a hot shower to feel better and I get in and my roommate who has her own bathroom is filling up the tub to take a bath as I walk in. Like wtf. I try to fill a water bottle with hot water but the kitchen sink faucet wouldn’t get hot enough. I feel like utter shit mentally and physically. I start my long ass work week tomorrow and I wasn’t even to do my grocery shopping to meal prep or bring food in.
Today was not my day.
About to finally jump in the shower and wash the the sins away. then eat a box of frozen potstickers and go to sleep.
Please send some good vibes my way. I don’t know how I’m going to get through the week without the chance to have recharged and get ready.

3 Likes

All of that sucks but it will blow over soon. I knew a guy who had a sign that said “in a week it won’t matter.” Have you tried a meditation app? I used to think it was silly but for me it works. Sometimes I play 15 minutes in the middle of my hectic work day and it calms me down pretty well. Most important, sounds like you have a good friend!!

3 Likes

All the good vibes your way :pray::sparkling_heart::sunny::seedling::hibiscus::butterfly::sparkles:

That’s so nice that you still made the cookies even though you were having a bad day. Hope you can get some nutritious and delicious food today, and take any chances you can for rest in between.

+1 for meditation. I try to meditate every day, at times when I am particularly stressed the instant release after a session is incredible. I too was sceptical about meditation, 2 months later couldn’t have been more wrong.

The Headscape app is the one I use.

2 Likes

giphy
Sending a big hug and good vibes your way :heart:
What helps me on days like that is going for a long walk. And sometimes I just go to bed early then the day is over and done. Next day new chances.

1 Like

I think you’re awesome @Fj007.

2 Likes

Well, that day was a bit of a sh*t storm, huh?
Hope you got some sleep, your tum feels better, someone else cleaned the kitchen, and your workweek has no more surprises…unless they happen to be the good kind.

1 Like

I’ll second that Kevin!
@Fj007. It’s gone now. Today is a new day. I wish I could try one of your cookies because they are obviously made with love!
Keep smiling :grinning:

2 Likes

Shitty day with some rays of sunshine…we all have them. Try and focus on all the good things…you are sober, you have a sponsor, your going to meetings, you have sober people around you that care…i would imagine you have other blessings in your life as well…focus on the good things and slow down a bit to enjoy life as it comes…hope things get better!

2 Likes

Keep doing your meets it does get better , i started to do a bit of service welcome the newcomers like me took me out of myself and working with others made it seem that my woes wernt that bad wish you well

1 Like