Feeling discouraged

I have been sober for 4 months. I’m doing good. I have been applying for jobs on a daily bases and have applied to at least 100 on the web. I’m discouraged because I haven’t been able to get hired. I’ve even connected with a lot of recruiters. I’m on all the job sites. Resume updated and uploaded. Is this God telling me that this is not the geographical area that I am to succeed? I feel like I’m a hamster in a wheel that is going nowhere. PLEASE give me your input. I need others help.

3 Likes

You should definitely keep your options open as there is a whole world out there. Do you also have a LinkedIn? Thats a great tool for network building and making professional connections through your field of interest. Start looking at the salary potential in different cities and states in comparison to cost of living. Look on the local Craigslist of those areas to scope out job and housing opportunities. It could actually be something new and exciting to delve into and explore! We weren’t born to be plants of our origins. Expansion is key! Good luck.

1 Like

Networking is important. People hire based on knowing someone, and if there are two similar applicants and they have a connection with one (even if it’s “I met them at a trade show last year”) it influences the decision.

Can you get out to career fairs, trade shows, networking groups? Often there are groups at MeetUp that are interesting. Also often public libraries or colleges and universities will have events as well.

2 Likes

Registering with a temp agency also can help. I’ve had several temp jobs turn in to permanent jobs. Looking for work is stressful and can be discouraging. 2 of my close friends are going through the same thing. I try to encourage them and be supportive. I hope you have friends and/ or family doing the same.

2 Likes

Don’t get discouraged. The world we live in now is 180 degrees different than the one we were in a year ago.
With the pandemic there are temp jobs available.
Apply to those and as others have said network. Everyone you meet is connected to someone else.
You can do this. You are not alone.
Hugs

1 Like

Am pissed. Someone on this site just tried to hack into my Google accounts.