Feeling f it

I have been clean for 4 months and 22 days and life is getting better. I have a great job and good life especially considering where I have been. I have a badass aky dive trip coming in three weeks and here I am thinking 4 months that’s it wtf. I dont really want to get high i know the out come but I guess I expected life to be different in a way. I think I miss the excitement of it all

There’s a saying that goes: Expectation leads to disappointment .

One of the most common comments on Mt. Rushmore is, “I expected it to be… bigger. It was a bit disappointing”. These expectations come from other people’s experiences. We see someone’s photo in a magazine, TV, or on maybe on social media and we are seeing their experience as they want us to. So when we experience it ourself, we experience all of it, not just a zoomed in photo of the mountain. And thus, disappointment is born.

If we can live without expectations, everyday is a curious mystery unfolding before our eyes, our experiences are completely unknown and exciting.

It’s easy to say, but hard in practice. Takes practice to abandon all expectations, but it will increase excitement of everyday life.

Stay sober and enjoy that sky diving!

2 Likes

I am barely over a month I am entusiastic but I have been clean almost a year now relapse it won’t worth it enjoy ur trip sky diving n don’t do it get high on a sober life n don’t let it pull u back

3 Likes