Feeling like I should probably hide my face on here...šŸ˜

Yes it sure canā€¦ :blush::100:

1 Like

Iā€™m a liar, I wake up every morning and put my lieing face on, it has a lieing smile and it has those lieing eyes. It sees the world the way it wants to see it and not how it probably is. I lie that my past didnā€™t matter and I lie that my future will be better, I lie that I love, I lie that I care, I lie that Iā€™m happy sober and I lie that Iā€™m happier without drugs, I lie about lieing, Iā€™m so good at it I donā€™t even know what is a lie or a truth anymore. I lie about who I am, the part of me writing this is not the whole me, Iā€™m just a mangled up mess of parts sown together to make a person with so many holes that I couldnā€™t hold on to the truth if I tried. Iā€™m incomplete.
Though for all the lies I do have a belief, it doesnā€™t have to be a lie or a truth, I donā€™t even have to be sure itā€™s even possible. I just have to believe that one day Iā€™m going to be happy. Thatā€™s all I want.

8 Likes

You got that right and they will devour you if they canā€¦ :100: I almost feel like Iā€™m expected to lie or hide my flaws just so people will think Iā€™m more than I truly amā€¦ I canā€™t be that person even though common sense for me probably should kick in and reconsider showing my faceā€¦ Why do thingā€™s that might come back to bite me in the ass later??? Well the same reason I stepped away from that drugā€¦ It changed meā€¦ I had to lieā€¦ I wasnā€™t alright with thatā€¦ I ainā€™t alright with a lot of thingā€™s that just flows by in my lifeā€¦ But if it is my actionsā€¦ Iā€™m gonna be truthfully accountableā€¦ I ainā€™t trying to fool me, I already did that :joy:ā€¦ I might just be getting too old to care what people think unless those people are riding with meā€¦ :blush:

2 Likes

You are a very considerate human!!! :blush::100::100::100:

1 Like

I agree with everything you just said! Honesty relieves us of so much; and you soon find out who your friends really are. I used to try to fit in when I was younger; Iā€™m that old lady that doesnā€™t care what you think of me! ā€¦

1 Like

To be completely honest with you I wake up every day of my life angry and it takes me a good 15-30 minutes to remember who I am, what my purpose is and to develop a daily plan to be just a little better than yesterdayā€¦ After that Iā€™m typically good without ruining my day or even worse, somebody elseā€™sā€¦ I donā€™t think thatā€™s lying on my part or yours Brotherā€¦ I think weā€™re just tryingā€¦ I noticed your name is Paulā€¦ :blush: I remember a man named Paul from a book when I was a child, even though Iā€™m not familiar with the man himself or the entire storyā€¦ Iā€™m usually better with faces than names but you know what I do when I feel like God or one of his people is trying to tell me something??? I research and educate myselfā€¦ Guess what I think I just learned (without trying too hard to lean on my own understanding and falling flat on my face)ā€¦ ~We walk by faith not by sight~ :mahjong: ā€¦ You know who said that??? A man named Paulā€¦ :point_up::blush::stars: Pride can be a bad thing if itā€™s acted out in in angerā€¦ :100:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the way I see it too! :blush:

1 Like

I donā€™t normally do posts like that but Iā€™m feeling it a bit today, plus just finished the series of something I had been watching for ages and it made me look at myself a little. Iā€™ve only recently found my god and without him I would be nothing right now, any other time in my life I would have turned to drink and drugs by now but I have a strength that is not mine keeping me sober, I have a person who has come to me for help and it can only be done sober, I pray daily now and Iā€™m sober daily. Even in this darkness I still just about see light. its all I have to hold onto. Its not easy but itā€™s working out so far.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s so true, Iā€™m severely partially sighted :joy: :joy: :joy:, faith is all I have.

2 Likes

I write poetry and text on Instagram, also on recovery. the account is not with my name on it but I do share the posts in my FB story so all my connections on there know. Social and business wise.

I am a better man then I ever was before.
They will see that anyways
My journey might influence someone for the better.
have lost only 1 relationship to sobriety which I cared about.

#onthesoapbox

2 Likes

Same here Donnaā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

Lord help usā€¦ :joy::joy::joy:

I always used to

1 Like

Love this. Youā€™re so wise @ifs Iā€™m glad youā€™re here.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome and extremely braveā€¦ :blush::100::100::100: I keep thinking that I might try step back out into the social media world again someday but honestly I already know as of right now Iā€™m unableā€¦ I think Iā€™m afraid their comments, memes etc will turn me back into the defensive, retaliating fool that I know I can be when Iā€™m hurtā€¦ I didnā€™t like her much neitherā€¦ So Iā€™m gonna have to wait until Iā€™m strong enough to do thatā€¦ I think we must all just go through a process that gets us back to where we need to beā€¦ Iā€™m gonna give it more timeā€¦ But heck yeah, thatā€™s awesome! :blush:

I love the word USED to on thatā€¦ :100: And welcome to the communityā€¦ It said that was your first time postingā€¦ Iā€™m glad youā€™re hereā€¦ :blush:

This is one of the best posts Iā€™ve read.

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone already mentioned this, but my only concern is automated webcrawlers that can be used to tie photos to social media across platforms. They can get pretty sophisticated and can dig up a lot on a person without much to go on and with no (or very little) human intervention. Personally, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if a sobriety forum is seen as a valuable target due to the openness and vulnerability of many of us here. But regardless, I just assume that any social media site that doesnā€™t require an account of some sort to view the content is likely being mined, at least by spammers, maybe worse.

3 Likes

Absolute truthā€¦ :100:

Plus, Iā€™m not sure everyone is aware of just how much metadata is often stored in a digital photoā€¦

Welpā€¦now Iā€™m sufficiently paranoid to swap out my avatar!

1 Like