Feeling lonely in Vancouver!

I’m on a work trip for the next 6 weeks in Vancouver and I don’t know anyone here. It’s only been a few days but I’m starting to feel a little low. Maybe jetlag, maybe just the sudden isolation. I’m also living in an area where there is a lot of opioid issues and also medical marijuana dispensaries and that’s feeling a little hard, like you can slip and no one will even know.

I’m considering going to a meeting nearby to try and make some friends and have a space to talk a bit. Just wanted to vent that this is hard.

7 Likes

Vancouver Canada or Vancouver WA?

Vancouver Canada!

Meetings sound like a great idea. Get out of your own head for a bit.

2 Likes

I’d definitely go to a meeting. Better than a bar or dispensary any day. You can get through this, stay strong.

1 Like

I’m from Vancouver, Canada too! A meeting or going to the beach or one of the beautiful parks is always nice. I find being in nature very healing.

Sobriety is hard sometimes and i relate with the loneliness, ive been in the middle of knowhere for a year with little interaction with others…

Try a meeting that helps me,
Thx for sharing

I’m traveling in Germany and hit a meeting a couple nights ago. Didn’t realize how tense I already was till I sat down with that lot and shared. What a grounding relief it was.

Even halfway around the world, that burning desire and fellowship looked very much the same.

OMG the new comments have me revisiting this post, what a trip to look back and remember what an awful time that was for me mentally-I’m past it now! Miss that beautiful city in though :frowning:

2 Likes

Lol, whoops! Missed this was an old one. :blush: