Feeling lost again

I have 125 days sober & i feel more lost and confused now than i did on day 1. I feel disconnected, which is leading me into thoughts & feelings of self pity & being discontent. Idk what to do anymore.

3 Likes

I think that when we first got sober we feel great because being sober feels good. Not having the shanks in the morning, or having hangovers, remembering what we did the night before and not waking up with that pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization is a very welcome change of pace. For me around the two-month mark real life started to set in. And I found myself where you’re at right now. Life started to be real, and I had to deal with real feelings. The good thing is that by about that time I had already established I’m going to relationship with my sponsor and had all my AA meetings lined up for the week. I had a good routine with my sober friends and I had a really good support system. Whenever I felt like you’re feeling I would pick up the phone and call somebody and let them know. The cool thing about having sober people with more sober time than me around is that they’ve already been through the situations that I’m dealing with. And I can draw from their knowledge and their experience. It is easy to do something if you have a blueprint and instructions on how to do it. Don’t try to do this thing alone. Make sure that you surround yourself with people that have already plenty of sobriety and tools to show you how to do this. Surround yourself with people that you want to be like and that are living a life that you would like to live. I guarantee you that there are people out there that would love to show you how to do this deal.

6 Likes

you have changed your whole lifestyle, you will miss certain things. there are fun times when drinking which is what you tend to remeber.