Feeling sleepy

So, is it a normal thing to be exhausted during the first days of sobriety? I wake up at 5am and by 9am I am sleepy and wanting to go back to bed. Then I fall asleep at like 7pm. Just so tired all the time.

They say it takes 6 months to a year to get all the toxins out of your body so yup it is normal. You are healing. Chances are you are restless when you are sleeping at night tossing and turning. Hang in there it gets better.

1 Like

Yes that’s very normal. It gets better with time! Usually takes me about 30 days to start not being so sleepy.

2 Likes

Totally normal…sleep as much as you can! Your body is putting in a lot of really good but really hard work to get you back to health…be good to it. Listen to it. Give it whatever it needs!

I’m no doctor, but I started taking a multi vitamin pack and then added a B-complex and magnesium taurate as well as turmeric and I’ve found them to be really helpful! You can check the search bar to find lots of threads about vitamins. I know that @Yoda-Stevie is also knowledgeable on the subject. Good luck out there today❤️

2 Likes

It was/has been normal for me! But, I’m also having to reset how I fell asleep haha but on the weekends, I take naps :heart_eyes: