Feeling so aggitated

Hi i have been sober for almost 4 day i feel so easly irrated at the smallest off things like every thing is crashing on top off me i just hope i have the power to stay sober long enough for to have the power to deal with things in a calmer way if any 1 has any help on how long mood swings last for would be very appracited

Starting day 4. The emotions can become overwhelming. I’m also curious how long this will last.

1 Like

This is part of PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) and can last depending on each person (how long you used, how much you used, your age, etc) Just be patient with yourself and educate yourself so you know what it is and why the mood swings are happening. Exercise helps a lot with angry, agitation, and stress.

https://www.addictionsandrecovery.org/post-acute-withdrawal.htm

2 Likes

@Sarah3 and @Shemor YES you have the strength to walk through this. It’s an inconvenience as our brains and bodies are freaking out without the poison and are trying to heal. Take extra care of yourself for awhile. Find things to focus your negative energy into something positive. Besides exercise, art journaling, taking leisurely walks, working on a hobbie, or just vegging out with a home cooked meal all helps. Also, taking a b-complex vitamin, magnesium, and omega-3 (we lack these when we are in active addiction/alcoholism)

1 Like

Thanks for the usfull advice very appricated :hugs:

1 Like

Really good advive from @Melrm. Follow it and remember to always use punctuation :blush:

1 Like

LMAO …oh stop it @DrunkNoMore :joy:

1 Like