Feeling Stronger than Yesterday

Today Im feeling strong after feeling pretty weak yesterday. No arguing with my self as of yet. Its usually this strong feeling that makes me want to take another drink so I am taking the time to understand this feeling of “strengh” more. Maybe itll help the next time I want to use my “strength” to take another drink. Any insights on mental strength and alchoholism?

6 Likes

“This Naked Mind” was a book that helped me shift my perception of alcohol. Willpower can only hold up for so long. I highly recommend that book, sobriety podcasts, videos anything like that or AA meetings if you’re willing.

4 Likes

What do you think is the connection between feeling strong and wanting to drink? You need to examine this. Write it out. Start with a sentence about the feeling of “strong” and write all the way without thinking until you come to writing about drinking. See what shows up there.

2 Likes

Will do thank you!

Read positive books, watch positive videos, listen to positive music. Remove things from your life that have no mental and emotional benefit. Eat healthy and sleep well. Treat everyone you meet with the same respect you feel you would like yourself.
SMILE WHEN YOU DON’T WANT TO.

1 Like

Strength is the ability to say “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink.

Hubris is the feeling you can have one drink and stop there, which if you could stop at 1 drink, 100% of the time, you wouldn’t need to be here.

2 Likes