Feeling stuck

I am feeling stuck in life I am on day 31 sober and feel no changes , I feel that nothing is my life is going to change . I have had many job interviews and no one has called me back . I have been looking for apartments and everyone is counting me out automatically because I don’t make the income restrictions plus I cannot pass a back ground check .I have no family who is willing.to help out or Co sign for me …i just feel like crawling under a rock and never coming out I probably will not be missed anyways m

I know it can be difficult to find something positive to cling to during this time. But do try. When everything feels like it’s crumbling that is your strength test. Pray, meditate, journal, reach out for help from resources who can help with your particular situation. Anything but getting stuck in that negative space. I hope this helps. My prayers are with you.

2 Likes

It helps thank you for that inspiration I needed to hear that . I guess I need to relieze that everything is a work in progress and isn’t going to happen at once .I just feel I’m doing my part I’m staying clean and bettering me when is it going to get better ?! I know all about negative thoughts and depression it is a scary place

3 Likes

Please don’t lose hope! I expected a drastic change in how i felt after quitting, but honestly not much has changed for me either. As for the situation you’ve been dealt, things will work themselves out. Just show up every day and keep trying. You may not see light at the end of the tunnel yet, but don’t give up the belief that it IS a tunnel and you’ll make it thru someday (hopefully soon)! “Feeling better” may be the day that you look back on all this and feel proud for not giving up the fight.
Depression blows. Not drinking helps. Take good care of your body, try to eat right and stay hydrated. And keep coming back here as often as you can, these ppl are on your team. I’ll be thinking of you.

1 Like

I wished I could get past day 3!!! Good job on 31. I hope I can get at least that far. Keep up the good work because I’m sure it’s going to pay off soon. Positive thinking is what I hold on to.

1 Like

You’re putting the positive vibes out into the world. They may just be taking a little longer to get back to you. Keep up your energy even though it’s so hard right now. The good stuff is coming!

3 Likes

Just be patient and keep trudging. All the changes won’t happen over night. Through these struggles, you are being strengthened. We didn’t become alcoholics/addicts overnight so we won’t see immediate progress overnight either. Think about what you have to be grateful for today. You can do this @Shirley_Auberry, I know you can! Would you have reached out to others before when feeling down instead of numbing out? That’s progress.

1 Like

If you’ve been able to deal with all of that and get 31 days under your belt then you must be a strong and determined person! Discouragement is normal for anyone undergoing all of that stress but even more so for someone who’s trying to stay sober so GOOD JOB for sticking it out. When I was newly sober it took about 6 weeks (each time) for the fog to start lifting and for me to start seeing the light at the end of the struggle tunnel. Even after that, dealing with long term abstinence is a rollercoaster of a ride and has its intense ups and downs. But take it from me, someone who just recently gave into the struggle AGAIN, the temporary illusionary relief that drinking brings is just that, AN ILLUSION. It will bite you harder and deeper every time and that toxic venom will make the things you are dealing with even harder to cope with. Like they say in AA “don’t quit before the miracle happens”. I know what it feels like to want to crawl under a rock and feel alone, but here you are not alone and we are all rooting for you! @MrsJones I love that!

Just remember that drinking is not gonna get you a job. Drink will not get you an apartment. Drinking can only help you lose these things. Drinking will not gain you a clean record but it can tarnish it so fast. Congratulations on your one month @Shirley_Auberry i know it is common to question your reasoning after you have been fighting for so long but your quit can only get easier. Your life can only get better. You deserve all those nice things you are hoping for. They will come to you when the time is right.

4 Likes

I would get 3 days then smoke or drink get two and have to start back over it has been hard to keep these days

Try to get to one week. The difference in how you feel will be surprising and help keep you going.

I have 32 days today I was talking about how it used to be in beginning for me thank you it’s still harder

I know how hard life can be. Life’s a bitch sometimes and it’ll knock you on your ass. But there are really good things too! First of all, that’s amazing that you have 31 days under your belt! Be proud of that! It’s so hard fighting the cravings but you’ve done it for more than a month. I know right now it looks like nothing will work out, but it will. Someone will give you a chance, just hold on.

3 Likes

Thanks for that insight it helped me stay sober for one more day and now today is a new day

3 Likes

I keep doing day 1 over and over. How did you make it to 32 days? @Shirley_Auberry

Most addicts, including myself will at most occasions turn to quick fixes. I Actually wish for everything to have changed yesterday. So when I get sober I wish for immediate results. People should applaud me for getting sober and please world show me all results. However I am now learning that this is not the case. Change Takes time, gaining trust back also Takes time. Learning patience! Quick fixes is not how the world works. Quick fixes in the bottle make me numb for a while but then I just sink in to all those struggles and never get passed them. Then I am really stuck but in sobriety I have more options. My buffet table of options keeps getting larger but only when I don’t give up.

You are doing great! 32 days is awesome and if you stick with it just for today you will begin to see results eventually. Just keep on going!

I know about wanting to hide and never show My face anywhere again. Who cares anyway? Guess what? We do care, LOTs of us care :green_heart: When I feel like that now, I reach out for help, just like you are doing. Try go to meetings of some sort if you haven’t tried that yet and like others have said take care of yourself and don’t give up. There is LOTs of support to be found out there, including us. I will post a quote from daily calm from yesterday. I just Love this :green_heart:

Hope you feel better soon @shirley! Sending LOTs of strength and Love to you on your Journey! :green_heart:

2 Likes

That’s awesome! You’re an inspiration to me. Stay strong, you got this!