Feeling super depressed

Feeling super depressed and lonely right now. I have tried to put myself out there to friends and family for support and no one has time to reply and all I want to do it take my paycheck I just got and get high. So I thought I’d try to reach out here instead because I don’t want to fuck up my sobriety. I just want to try and distract myself from my negative thoughts right now.

2 Likes

Hey sweetheart, don’t do it… It’s not worth it. Your friends and family will get back to you, it’s just your anxiety talking right now. Stay on the forum and chat. You’ll feel better in the morning x

2 Likes

Thankyou. I really wanted to go to a meeting tonight but I couldn’t get anyone to watch my son an he doesn’t do well when I bring him along. And I just got paid. Which is a trigger . I really want to talk to my boyfriend but he is in rehab and they told him he isn’t aloud to talk to me for a week while he works on step 5 because it’s a emotional step or some crap. And I don’t have the luxury of help I’m in this alone and I’ve made it 50 days today but I just feel like I’m falling apart . I’m trying to talk about shit instead of using and ignoring like I usually do . So thankyou for replying

Have you tried looking up online or video meetings? They defintiely work in those situations

No I didn’t know they existed. Is it something I could do on a cellphone that’s all I have .

That’s totally normal, and what’s amazing is that you can see that you’ve been triggered and instead of using you have reached out! Hun 50 days is amazing, you’ve done so well!! Keep the money you’d spend on your poison and go out tomorrow and treat you and your son… Get to a meeting as soon as you can. But remember you’re doing great!

2 Likes

You are stressed but, you just did something awesome. You stood at a turning point and took a step in the right direction by reaching out! It may not feel like it now but, you did the next right thing and will thank yourself later. Keep telling on the disease. You will have days like this but you are doing great!

1 Like

I recently found out about them myself. I think there are a few apps. Also some websites. And there are the meetings you can call into. I did those for a while when I was working a lot. Hopefully it helps.

http://www.12step.org/social/online-meetings/

Here’s a list of a few different ones for online.

2 Likes

I’m currently reading a book called how to turn your mind into an ally…It’s really helped me to get the ugliness out of my brain. My family doesn’t like me, I have very very few friends, my coworkers hate me and most days I don’t even know why I try…this book has helped me…focus on the breath (what’s important)…Just remember your track record for getting thru the bad days is 100%.

1 Like

Thankyou so much. For thoes links. And thankyou everyone for your comments. It’s really helping getting my mind off things. I tend to get into these messed up mind frames when things that upset me happen and I tend to let my mind run wild That all these horrible things will happen . It’s destructive thinking. I started working on my step work aswell as reaching out . It’s helping a bit . But talking to real people is way more helpful at the moment . So thankyou !

Hey there - 50 days is huge! No need to throw that away…there are plenty of people here to chat with.

1 Like

Thankyou for thay na Chat thing I’m on it now ! Everyone is very nice

1 Like

I’m glad it helped!

1 Like