Feeling unsure

Hi all I’m new here today I am one day and 5 hrs sober …I recently realised I was binge drinking at least three to four times a week …so is definitely becoming a problem …I have drank most of my life …I am now 41 and want to try and be better for myself and my kids x

25 Likes

Welcome Kerry and congrats on your 5 hours. Coming on here and ready and checking in is a great way to distract and occupy your mind. :heart: Healing your self and finding new ways to relate to the world, that don’t involve drinking, is such a gift to your kids. I was a binge drinker too and drank for a very long time. It can be challenging to change our familiar patterns, but it definitely can be done.

If you have time and enjoy reading, Annie Grace’s book This Naked Mind can be a good place to start. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome! This community saved my life. Be active, it will help you with your journey.

4 Likes

Thankyou I’ll definitely check that out x

1 Like

Welcome, keep posting here for support and encouragement, we are all in the same boat.

1 Like

Hey!

Well done for reaching out!
I waa binge drinking 3-4 times a,week too and decided enough is enough.

Stay strong

What you can be sure of is that your decision to stip drinking was the right one…

1 Like

Thankyou so much

I no hun it can spiral out of control so quickly …so I decided enough is enough x

1 Like

Will do huni thankyou x

1 Like

Welcome :blush: and congrats on making one of the best decisions you’ll ever make :tada:

2 Likes

Same for me.
Glad you are here! You will get lots of support.
Keep your chin up. X

2 Likes

Thankyou x

1 Like