Fell Off Bad

I started drinking again last Wed, drank Fri and Sat and have got to get back to not drinking but I’m praying for motivation.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing.
The fact that you are talking about it, tell me that you have some willingness.
Your strong enough.

2 Likes

Hi sunshine…are you drinking now? You have lapsed but that is not unusual…if no-one did then aa. And this forum would not be necessary…it is good you have reached out to the forum… you obviously don’t want to continue drinking…if you can try and minimise the length of your lapse…the longer it goes on the worse it will be…if you are drinking now I would advise to reset tomorrow if you can…I am on the forum most days…so happy to chat… stay strong and get back sober

2 Likes

I’m not drinking today!:blush: I’ve got to stay away from it. It’s just that if I don’t drink I pretty much have to stay home alone since my husband drinks wed-sat nights and all of my friends do as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the encouragement :grin:

That must very tough for you… what would your friends say if you ask them to do something different with you that does not involve drinking or do they have alcohol problems too?

Yes they do too

Really tough sunshine… you can count on your friends on here… you can do this… stay busy try and mix with different people…I don’t know your circumstances so difficult to help as much as I would like…on here alot so you can message me for support :grin:

Sunshine,
I understand. I drank last Tues-Thurs. Got so bad Thursday, wouldnt allow anyone to talk to me or come to my house. Total shut down mode. I dont know why I get to that point but it stinks. I havent drank since Thursday. Great for you not drinking today. Way to go! :grin:

1 Like

Great that you aren’t drinking today, take it a day at a time, it is less overwhelming. Keep strong we have all been there x

1 Like

As you commented on my post, the weekends are my trigger too. I drank on friday night. I had to start over. Day 3 today.

1 Like

Let’s get through this Friday SOBER!

1 Like

I totally understand. Feel like I am always starting over. But, on positive. I say, I might fall down 20 times, but I am getting up 21 times.

1 Like

I definitely one day at a time. And sometimes one hour at a time. I have much anxiety/panic attacks. Time can be my enemy. Haven’t drank again yet thus time. Start over a lot

Me too. Had a couple traumas to deal with Sunday, caved in and bought that bottle of Whiskey. Drank half that night…my tolerance is so high it doesn’t even make me drunk … i could drive a school bus! (kidding…I never leave home once I’ve had a drink). Then last night, of course, idiot that I am, I couldn’t dump the rest out cause that would be the bright thing to do…so…now its all gone…and the timer is reset…AGAIN! Round 3! Just want you to know you are not alone. Thank you for being here and sharing cause it helps me know that Im not either.
We can do this!!

1 Like