Fell off.. feel guilty

Ended up getting smashed on saturday… only managed 8 days off it…Sunday I was in bed all day being a shit dad… feel well guilty

4 Likes

Welcome.
What have you been doing to assist you?
The thing to do now would be to learn from this.
Start by making a note of how you are feeling now! Use this as a reminder for your toolbox.
Read around as much as you can.
Look for similarities in everything you read.
Don’t see how you differ as this will close your mind off.
The importance of keeping an open mind, to me is one of the main elements of why I am still sober.

10 Likes

You can ask anyone here, I’ve been on day 1 again and again, fifty times.

I get the guilt. I get the humiliation. But dwelling on it wont change anything. The past is the past. You are responsible for the now. Not even the future. Just the right now.

You posted on here…you care about sobriety or you wouldnt have posted at all.

Brush the dust off your clothes, put some metaphorical antiseptic on your wounds, rinse the blood off your palms and knees, figure out how you fell, and find a different route. Let the scars of the fall remind you of the deep hole of addiction that trips you up over and over and over…HAVE THE COURAGE TO AVOID THE SAME PATH.

You know EXACTLY where your addiction takes you, and you hate it, or you wouldn’t be here, you wouldnt be guilty. So “Just for Today” make the right choices moment by moment.

A song I heard recently says,

"Heartbeats only happen one at a time, one at a time
You can’t rush a moment so don’t even try, don’t even try
There’s a symphony you’re missing
If you only listen you’ll find…

Big magic in the mundane
The big picture in a small frame
Everything is sacred when you take time to notice
Big love happens in the small moments"

You can do this. We all can. We just need to make the next right choice.

I’m here rooting for you, everyone is. Fighting addiction is a war on the mind. Defying the urge for instant gratification and investing in the long term instead; learning to love and learning how to be loved.

You are so worth it. You can do this!!! Chin up soldier!

:heart::v:

20 Likes

What Geo said, remember what you’re feeling right now, and why you joined here in the first place.
Coming from a person who grew up with drunk parents, you’ll be giving your kids a gift of a lifetime.

8 Likes

Yeah, just start again! That’s a good win, just resetting the counter and being open about it.

I have had several resets and the guilt and shame is real. But the people here have taught me to use the reset as a lesson, to figure out why I flopped when I did.

10 Likes

Don’t feel guilty for too long…remeber you should only be held accountable once, because anymore than that is not healthy

5 Likes

Try to figure out why you crashed- use the energy from the guilt productively. You might be surprised and have a breakthrough.

My last reset forced me to reconcile with a really unpleasant self truth. And now that trigger is at the top of the list with red flags.

6 Likes

Thanks everyone, some great advice there … I will take it all on board…deffo going to learn from it!

4 Likes

How are you feeling today?

1 Like

Sorry you fell but you’re back up!
Remember that shitty feeling, it keeps me on track.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community BTW

2 Likes

As “Swam” wrote, you wouldn’t talk or feel guilt unless you cared about trying to remain sober.

I like to think of it like this: Thomas Edison had failed about 999 times, it was the 1000th time he made the lightbulb. Give yourself good credit and forgiveness, for like Edison inventing the lightbulb he had to try and learn and constantly go back to the drawing board to learn what he wasn’t seeing.

5 Likes

Feeling good today… thanks for asking!! Have kept really busy this week so it been ok…need to stay strong now the weekend is here.just need to try and think of an alternative thing to keep busy/ distract me in the in the evening…trying to hold on to all those thoughts and feelings after relapsing last week

Thanks for your advice guys

2 Likes

It’s just old habits that need to be kicked to the curb, weekends…
Rooting for ya!

1 Like

Well Christmas came and m6 soberity of 3 months left. Thought ah well control 1-2 drinks but I’m not strong for that. Because that has once again turned into many drinks at night again. Been thinking about it lately and it’s all time to change. Drunk Miranda needs to stay gone. Today’s is my first journalling about it and making notes about the house. My heart fells so sad about having fallen again. But going to stay positive cause I have to, one day at a time. Bah, addictive personality, damn.

Shake it off, get up and start again. Life is going to still get better. I’m better than it, if I can loose 100 pounds i can kick this too.

Ordered a bracelet that I can wear on my dominant arm engraved with “one day at a f***ING time”. I want to be better so I will be.

But

Damn here I start again​:triumph::angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Welcome back @kamui. I can’t count the times I had to restart… The good thing is this can be your very last time. You never have to reset again!! And you never have to feel like this again! You can do this. The most important thing is that you haven’t given up. Here you are fighting and yes you are damn right. One day at a time. If I can do this you can do it!!! :muscle:t5::grin:

2 Likes

You caaaan dooo iiiitttt!!! One day at a F***ing time on a bracelet, I love that!

1 Like

Thank you so much very much and to be a part of this again is the best thing.

2 Likes