Fell off hard

As I’m sitting here typing this I’m feeling so hungover and guilty. Why do I do this to myself? Not only did it start off Friday night with wine but I also drank about 10 beers last night. I’ve thrown up about 5 times today and my anxiety is through the roof. I’ve done nothing productive all day. Sometimes I wish I could just be somebody else.

5 Likes

That depression is to be expected, tomorrow will be no picnic either, make a plan for Tuesday and get back on the sober horse.

3 Likes

You can see what it feels like to be sober. Be kind to yourself and take the steps you need to live a sober life. It will bring a sense of peace and security that you never have to feel like you do today. One day at a time. One step at a time.

Check in here every day. Maybe several times a day. Learn about strategies and then use them. It really does work. You can be liberated from the spot you are in now. I wish you the best.

5 Likes

You can be somebody else. You can be sober you. Imagine the person you’d be today, without all the lost days hungover, not hobbled by regrets? What might you have accomplished? What kind of relationships? What successes in other areas of life?

Then quit imagining, and get after it!

6 Likes

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Take this time to feel miserable, then pick a plan you can move ahead on. A meeting is always my go-to suggestion, be it AA or Dharma Recovery or any other.

Here is a great discussion of what to do to grow your sobriety:

4 Likes

There is someone else you can be…sober you. I found sober me by living here…then going to AA for years, now I go to Recovery Dharma meetings.

2 Likes

@Cbkobe99 Hang in there Bridget. Don’t give up. And give yourself some grace. You’re not a monster. You just have struggles like the rest of us. You’re a beautiful soul with great days ahead.

6 Likes