Festive Period

Hey guys, I’m new to this. On day 4 of being sober. Any advice from anyone going into the festive period? I’m absolutely terrified!

2 Likes

Four days!! Way to go!! I’m new, too. Day 6 for me. I got a sponsor, and I’m getting some guidance on how to work a program. That’s helping me more than I can put into words. I’ve also exchanged phone numbers with a few people from meetings I’m going to. It’s helpful to be able to text/call someone who understands what I’m going through.

I’m going to A.A. meetings at least three times a week, and I go to more if I feel like I’m too tempted.

I wish you the best!!!

1 Like

Make a plan!
First Christmasday I’m going to visit my brother. I told him about my not drinking. So I know he’s not going to ask me difficult questions. Also the rest of my family knows. He buys something non alcohol for me to drink. Second Christmas day the family from my spouse is coming to eat with us. Some of them know I’m not drinking. I’m going to fill my fridge with nice alc free drinks.
New years eve is not a trigger for me. I don’t like sparkled drinks.

Think about: wat will you say when someone ask you if you want wine or so. Think about what you want to drink instead. What will you do when someone keeps pushing you to drink?
Do you want to have alcohol in your house? Do you want to serve it yourself or can someone else take over? Etc.

1 Like

This was posted around the American Thanksgiving holidays, there are tons of tips there you might find helpful: THE HOLIDAY THREAD: How we made it through it