Fetanyl Withdrawals

today makes 1 week clean off fetanyl… i basically just did a crazy amount of other drugs for the first three days… now these past 3 i feel like i’m dying. everything just takes so much energy i can’t even get out of bed… i’m scared this is going to last forever and the mental part is hard to deal with since my body has basically given up. I just don’t know what to do or how long this will last but i don’t know if i can keep fighting it…

13 Likes

Welcome! And way to go on being clean off fentanyl for a week now! I personally have no experience with fentanyl but I have used opiates in the past that made me feel very ill, with uncontrollable restless legs, shaking etc. I’m guessing fentanyl does the same (or worse)? It definitly will not last forever. My symptoms lasted about 1 1/2 weeks. Then things started to die down and I got some energy again etc. But I promise you… if you do pick up again, you’ll have to go through this all over again :frowning: and I can tell from your post that you really want to quit. Glad you reached out today. Hopefully someone who is more experienced with fentanyl can give you some advice.

10 Likes

Best you can do is stay in bed and ride it out for the next few days. The worst of the symptoms will start subsiding in a couple days. Stay hydrated, take 5-10 minute walks if you can. If you have something to distract you try to focus on that. Start looking in to recovery programs and/or meetings and get to them as soon as you can

12 Likes

Ive had a long issue with fent myself, i hate to say it but dont plan on sleeping much if at all for days even a couple weeks, but lack of sleep wont kill you, your brain and body will eventually shut down when its ready you just cant force it. If you need anything feel free to message me. Goodluck man stay strong you got this

8 Likes

thank you! for me it’s just almost like i can’t move or i’m not myself and doing this alone is a lot harder than i thought it would be. i’m feeling a little better today and hoping to go back to work tomorrow but im taking it slow and just trying to stay sober

2 Likes

I think mostly just doing this alone is the hardest part. I don’t really know what to expect for the withdrawals or how long they’ll last and i have no one around who understands that this is what’s happening. but i am starting to have more energy, just trying to get my mind back too.

3 Likes

Keep in mind your not alone, theres alot if people especially now a days that have had problems with opiates or addiction in general, and theres alot thats overcome it. Find the support you need. Meetings and this platform can be really helpfull. If you need anything feel free to message me, im here for ya and will help with whatever i can.

3 Likes

i’m now on day 12 of my sobriety. i recently just got promoted at my job, i can sleep a little more normally now, my withdrawals are pretty much gone. the only thing left is really just being tired as heck all the time. but even with my dad in the hospital and me not being able to say goodbye, i’m still staying sober and it’s hard but i’m really finally doing it. hope you’re doing well too, thank you for the courage to keep fighting when i needed it.

5 Likes

Np man thats what we are here for. Really sorry to hear about your dad, i recently lost my mom and i was a big mommas boy lol. But super glad your still fighting the good fight. Ya the sleep starts coming back a little by about the 2nd week. As for the energy for me it came back after about a month, but if your already at 12 days your basically half way there so dont give up, id say just takr it slow. But one day youll jist wake up and your energy will be bacl to normal plus some since your clean. Also congrats on 12 days its a huge accomplishment. I remember i was super proud after just a week!

2 Likes

You should have just gone to medical detox

1 Like

Hey sorry I’m new to this app and dont know how it works yet but I need help getting sober I’m struggling and I want to stop

4 Likes

Sure, first off welcome! This forum has a great community, almost like a big family especially if your active amd utilize the tools here. Hope you keep coming back. Is there anything i can help with?

2 Likes

Agreed medical detox, as uncomfortable and shitty as it is, it is definitly the best way to go, took me a long time to work up the courage to go…multiple times unfortunatly.

2 Likes

I need help figuring out how to motivate myself to quit, I’ve been in a slump where I’m sober for a day or so then cave in :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah, ive been there, wanting to quit but the withdrawal is just too intense. For me i was just totally fed up with it…granted it took me 12 years, but i knew i was stronger than the drug and wanted my life back. It may sound stupid now, at least it did for me when i was detoxing and wanting to quit, but meetings really do help alot mentally, usually after a meeting my cravings went away. If you arnt comfortable in meetings there are zoom meetings, this forum holds them as well. Also you can just get on here and ask for help and support and be honest with how your feeling. Theres people from all over the world on here so someone is always on. But even just reading the other posts and other peoples storys can be helpful not to mention it will help take your mind off it and kill time, and as far as withdrawals go its gonna be all about time. If you arnt comfortable posting and asking for help or advice, you can always message me and ill do my best to try and help. Also really consider a medical detox. I dont know if you know anything about suboxone/subutex, im sure you probably do, but it can be really helpful for getting off. Be careful though because you will withdrawal from that as well. The withdrawals last longer but are far less intense but it feels great when you dont need dope or a pill to wake up and not be sick af.

3 Likes

Thank you i wanted to explain that as well, it was EXACTLY how i felt, i just thought my post was too long as it is haha.

1 Like

I just think you really need to be at that point where your completely fed up and enough is enough. You just have to really dig deep inside yourself and pull that inner strength outta you. I beleive we all have it. Just have to figure out how to harness it, which took me over a decade unfortunatly.

2 Likes

Couldnt agree more!

1 Like

Hey yeah I’m very new to this app and I dont know how to send messages :frowning:

Just click on whoever you want to messages picture or avatar in the top left of the post then click on message

1 Like