Few questions

I did 3 days… but yesterday i drank :sob::triumph:
My question is… do i have to take pills To get sober (is it dangerous if i do it by myself)

I didn’t take pills or go to rehab. No meetings or sponsors. After many attempts at sobriety, one stuck. But I am me, and you are you. Your mileage may vary.

5 Likes

Hi … I managed to get clean using this app and reading everything to do with recovery… I also go to aa and work the 12 steps programme x

4 Likes

Nope, no pills, no rehab. Just pure determination and the will to better myself.
Self discipline to say no to myself.
This app and some AA meetings.

1 Like

Nope I literally just use this app. It was hard for awhile but it gets easier and so much better.

1 Like

I went cold Turkey one day and haven’t looked back. 430 days sober with self determination. Also downloaded this app and put all my faith in God! I remember those first few weeks as being painful but I tried to focus on what a month would be like and so on. I didnt do the AA thing, I have little ones and my husband is always deployed somewhere. I used my kids as a motivating factor and didnt want them to have to remember me as always being drunk and stupid. I also didnt want to have anxiety anymore and begged God to take it away and now…no anxiety!
Please do your best, stay sober and stay strong!!!

5 Likes

The level of danger for quitting alcohol cold turkey depends on how much and how often you drank, for what period of time, and your unique body (prior severe withdrawal symptoms, seizure predisposition). If you are unsure whether it is safe to do it on your own please seek medical advice from a local health professional- there is a risk of seizures or death from severe alcohol or benzodiazepine withdrawal. Good luck and hang in there- sobriety is the best thing I ever did for myself and I want you to have all the success in the world because you are worth it!

4 Likes

I cheated by doing rehab, IOP and took as prescribed for withdrawal symptoms: phenabarbitol, gabapentin. For maintenance I stayed on gabapentin because it helps cravings, anxiety, depression and my neuropathy. I am also on trintilix for depression and naltrexone for cravings. Check with your doctor for what is good for you.