Ffs pls can someone help me!?

I have no sorry I managed a pathetic week… yeah just 7 poxy days and I’ve fallen off!!! Feeling such a c u next Tue!!! Twice since the week goal, I hate myself right now :sob:

1 Like

Hi @Kinkycat, do not hate yourself. Hate what your substance is doing to you instead. Is this the first time you are trying to reach a goal?

Wouldn’t it be great if it was as easy as “I’m done”

If it was that easy, there wouldn’t be AA/NA/etc, SMART, dharma, a whole medical profession dedicated to it, apps like this.

You failed this time, try again. I wanted to get sober for years, I didn’t for years, until I did. I went to AA, IOP, therapy and used this app. Today is 3 regular years sober for me. If a drunk like me can get sober and stay sober, you can get clean too.

Welcome to talking sober, be a part of the community and it’ll help you just like it helped me and so many of my friends.

9 Likes

Yip @CaptAZ is on point. Awesome support.

There goes those blardy feelings again. No switch for those things unfortunately… getting sober you can’t run from the now either. Now they are in your face amplified and foreign. Can’t use what you have always known to deal with this… must listen to experiences and learn to apply them in your daily life now. Which will imply that you now need to lower barriers and learn to trust in others… also must be around other like minded people and stop listening to yourself. Shit! Sounds just as complicated as the drama we repetitively create… but this hardship creates serenity and miracles do come. Dont give up… you deserve to be the best you, it just takes hard work and time.

2 Likes

@CaptAZ said it best, there is no one clear cut I’m done and stop. If there was. No such things as rehabilitative services or support groups would exist, hell this forum wouldn’t provably exist.

I was a believer I could just stop and never pick up again no treatment no meetings just drop it. I had known a few old times my grandfather included who have done that. In my brainwashed ideas of life I thought that was proving to be tough, strong willed and mighty. And the mentality led me to failure all the time. Of course in failure I drank more, because well I figured it’s my only answer. When I finally said I cant do this alone, I started meetings and realized how helpful they were. My ignorance to the program fueled my discrimination towards it, but guess what I mer some of the most successful people in the program, true professionals doctors, lawyers lobbyists they were all there, and all were down to earth people

A week. 7 days, how did you make it that far? Well now look at it as, I made it a week with this much effort, why not try for two weeks and double my efforts,

In my eyes there is no solid one size fits all you do this exactly we are gonna cure you, I met people who went to detox and rehab multiple times trying to get themselves right. But to ignore resources available for you that are even free are just the same as walking down a hall with free money on each side, and not grabbing any of it.

AA is helpful as are other groups, and they are totally free, you go to a meeting not feeling the vibe? Go to a different one, I went to provably 20 different meetings until I found a group I jive with, in that group I made some great friends and great resources, the one guy in my group has 21 years under his belt, and he is incredibly knowledgeable inmean he speaks and it just spills out and grabs you.

Dont let a failure discourage you, look to what causes the failure and find ways to overcome it,

3 Likes