Finally admitting I'm an alcoholic

First time trying to get sober. Probably ten years too late but better late than never.

10 Likes

Good for you…it is never too late either!

1 Like

I’m on day 14. It’s getting more bearable. Taking one day at a time.

2 Likes

It’s never too late! Good for you. I’m on day 23, it gets better with time. The first 5 days were like torture but the pay off afterwards is so rewarding. Hold tight and come here often to stay in contact with people who understand what you are going through and will encourage you. Big hugs to you and have a great weekend. You can do this!!! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::grinning::grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

Way to go. It’s hard admitting when I had a problem usually I just blamed everyone and everything for my issues. You have basically done the first step. Try getting a sponsor and work towards bettering yourself!

2 Likes

It’s not an easy road. I’m on the same journey of sobriety and still in my first week. I hope the best for both of us. You’ve acknowledged your problem, which is a step in the best direction you can take at this point. So good on you.

1 Like

Stick in there Dom made a decision thats the first step youl be ok everyone have a GREAT Sunday

Today is day one for me. I have a feeling this community will help. When I can’t get to a meeting, I can come here. Good luck!

2 Likes